Talk about the recent Tours
 #579  by zdsnabes

Hi, I went to see the DEAD last night at DTE Energy Music Theatre in Clarkston, MI. The security forces there basically ruined the event. Does anyone feel this problem as well? What are we going to do about it? Can we do anything? Does the band know what goes on here?

#1366  by pharewellphish

i was at the alpine valley show on july 24 and there were so many undercover cops... but it was so easy to tell which people were cops.. cause theyd wear tyedie but theyd have buzz cuts and they were the most cop looking people ever but people were still stupid enough to get caught by them

#33625  by SailorSaint

I've been to shows all over the country for the past 20 years and it all depends on the venue. Obviously the hords of fans attending these shows carry a reputation of drug use and if they are looking to arrest people it is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Personally the route I take is to wait until I see how things develop. Wait to see what other people are doing to see if things will be cool, but in the end I always try to keep a low profile. It isn't worth getting kicked out, and certainly not worth getting arrested. :D

#33627  by ker1227

i went to shakori hills, a grassroots festival in NC and there were literaly 2 cops in the parking lot under a tent and that was it. Best Festival i have ever been to! Plus donna the buffalo, the duhks and the waybacks made it even better

#33630  by CaptainTrips

I saw the dead in 04 I think at SPAC one night and an outdoor venue in Hartford the next night (I could be wrong on the year) and had no problems. In fact at the place in Hartford we were allowed to drink in the venue out of plastic beer bottles! :smile:

#33641  by Larree

I have never had a problem with security at a Dead show. They were always kind and obedient, and they allowed me to sit or stand wherever I felt like sitting or standing. They even let me dance in the aisle...sometimes.