Talk about the recent Tours
 #144043  by Smolder
 Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:28 pm
I'm planning to be there for at least one night!
 #144050  by Searing75
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:17 am
Can't see Jerry wearing sandles?

Not to start a fight here, but Trey has about as much talent as Jerry had in his half cut off finger!

This 50th will only be more of the same lame o Rama that all of the post Jerry groupings has been. I just can't see it differently?
 #144051  by dleonard
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:24 am
Searing75 wrote:Can't see Jerry wearing sandles?

Not to start a fight here, but Trey has about as much talent as Jerry had in his half cut off finger!

This 50th will only be more of the same lame o Rama that all of the post Jerry groupings has been. I just can't see it differently?
You sound so old.
 #144053  by Dozin
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:49 am
I can see this being a ton of people's first show. Be nice if GDTSTOO had a way of looking up names like, this is a newbie, back of the line. Haha

Once it's sold out And locked down I wonder if they'll broadcast it
 #144054  by Smolder
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 am
Rumor has it that each of the four had a fav guitar player, and Bill veto'd John, being way to close sounding. Trey was a guy that nobody really objected to. Odd solution, but clearly one that suited all and didn't offend any.
 #144057  by Searing75
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:20 am
I'm only 39.

I could either go to this or Dark Star Jubilee. DSO has amazed me, whereas post Jerry "Dead", not so much.
 #144058  by Poor Peter
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:28 am
Dozin wrote:I can see this being a ton of people's first show. Be nice if GDTSTOO had a way of looking up names like, this is a newbie, back of the line. Haha

Once it's sold out And locked down I wonder if they'll broadcast it
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if those of us that have mailed soooo many times in the past will get any preference.
 #144060  by aiq
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:12 pm
I am old (translation: Saw Jerry) and I think TA will do fine. If they rehearse well this should be a fun Fare Thee Well. Im not going but hoping for a stream or webcast.

They simply must do something. We all have our favs, I like Kimock, Sless, H & H, the JRAD guys, DSO, JGB, Stu, hell all of them in one way or another, but this will be fine.
 #144062  by EMF
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 pm
two thoughts: 1. very happy that jk is not involved as I never felt that he could play at the phil and bob's level and 2. they better not be bsing about these 3 shows being it, which given what I've heard about the phil's relationship with the other ones, I do actually think they are serious about these 3 shows being it for the core 4.

wasn't planning on going but some of my old show going friends have convinced me otherwise

every time I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in
 #144064  by cripeowner
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:18 pm
There is no doubt TA is talented. I never was able to make a fine connection with Phish , but like the Dead they had their devout fans. I would go as far as buying the stream or DVD. Attending does not interest me because if the scene in the 90s was ugly I can only imagine what a one last hurrah might be like. I wonder if they jammed together at all first just to see if there was any chemistry or if they just sat at a table and on paper this made the most sense. I know it's just a band and just a few shows and will not change the outcome of man kind , but it just seems a little weird to me. Like bono signing with Sinatra. For those that go it certainly will be a lifetime expierence and life is all about the stories.
 #144066  by Jimaroe
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:54 pm
I think JK, or Warren would be a better fit for the shows, but still exciting that they are doing one last stand, so to speak. The thing I was most excited about was Weir mentioning that he still had gas left in tank during the reunion Q&A. I'd take a nice mellow Bobby acoustic show in a small, intimate setting over the zoo Soldier Field will be, any day of the week.
 #144067  by EMF
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:48 pm
primarily going to party with old friends who are scattered about and who I just don't get to see these days and frankly I could use a nice lost weekend. blow out the old pipes . Can't stand phish and not a huge fan of trey although I do have a healthy respect for his talent, but he is one of the few who can challenge them and take the reins. they may even be able to achieve liftoff if we're lucky. the only other guy would have been kimock but that's not gonna happen with phil being involved. jk's a AA or AAA player at best and warren, while effective in PLF has always, IMO. been a poor fit for GD music. i think this is the best lineup they could come up with at this time and this could be the last time...
 #144071  by Smolder
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:39 pm
EMF wrote:primarily going to party with old friends who are scattered about and who I just don't get to see these days and frankly I could use a nice lost weekend. blow out the old pipes . Can't stand phish and not a huge fan of trey although I do have a healthy respect for his talent, but he is one of the few who can challenge them and take the reins. they may even be able to achieve liftoff if we're lucky. the only other guy would have been kimock but that's not gonna happen with phil being involved. jk's a AA or AAA player at best and warren, while effective in PLF has always, IMO. been a poor fit for GD music. i think this is the best lineup they could come up with at this time and this could be the last time...
Agree with every word of this post. I'm going to say goodbye and reconnect. It's an incredibly important era of my life... I'm lucky to have lived in Chicago and have great family and friends there. Personally, I'd prefer Kimock, but it is what it is at this point.
 #144073  by dleonard
 Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:56 pm
Anyone doubting trey should check out the April 1999 Phil & Friends shows. Yes also with Kimock who is brilliant but Trey sound
Ed great as well. To be honest, I hear a lot, and I mean a lot, of trey Anastasio in JK's playing. Should a deep dish pizza recommendation thread be started?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8