Talk about the recent Tours
 #143993  by dleonard

Whoaaa. Are these rumors valid? Other online sources saying Trey might be on guitar?
 #143994  by hogan

I can say with 98% certainty this is legit.
 #143996  by hogan

yes
 #143997  by James-T

Heard that too...from a friend in the music biz:

He wrote to me this yesterday:
Hi James - you might have heard and the DEAD will announce before end of this month - the three night stand at Soldier's Field, Chicago> July 3-5, 2015 w/guests players to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the GD. There might be other dates but these are the ones with all the guest players like Trey, Kimock, Warren etc .
Peace,

James
 #144002  by schmidtz

Well, I reserved a hotel. I learned my lesson with the Phish NYE. Hotels sell out quick and then you're left with a walk through a bad part of Florida at 3am...
 #144003  by lovetoboogie

keep in mind the city of chicago has consistently refused to issue permits to any band, event, circus, rodeo, sports team, boy scout troop, cheerleading camp,...or anything for that matter at soldier field on july 4th...if you have ever been in that area on july 4th then you would know what a fiasco it is with the fireworks...the soldier field parking lots are used for staging areas for emergency personnel, firetrucks, etc... if the boys have somehow trumped this that would absolutely rock! it will be a busy and crazy night on the lake!
 #144007  by dleonard

jx2638 wrote:Trey, Chimenti, Hornsby, Trixie??
Would love if they brought Donna Jean out!!!
 #144008  by Searing75

I'll save my money for Dark Star Jubilee.
 #144015  by lovetoboogie

lovetoboogie wrote:keep in mind the city of chicago has consistently refused to issue permits to any band, event, circus, rodeo, sports team, boy scout troop, cheerleading camp,...or anything for that matter at soldier field on july 4th...if you have ever been in that area on july 4th then you would know what a fiasco it is with the fireworks...the soldier field parking lots are used for staging areas for emergency personnel, firetrucks, etc... if the boys have somehow trumped this that would absolutely rock! it will be a busy and crazy night on the lake!

I will eat my own shorts! They just announced it... 55,000 seat Soldier Field...wow! Gonna be a trip....
 #144016  by TI4-1009

All 4 Alive Deads

July 3,4,5

with Trey, Bruce and Jeff C.

Thank you and stay in touch.

Sure hope they will videocast them.
 #144017  by seamones

I fail to see how this is greater than a 25k draw for a single show....hey maybe that's why I am not a concert promoter...or maybe this Shapiro guy is legit and is just gonna open the doors?
 #144019  by mkaufman

From a musical perspective,what do people expect? Why will this be better than, for example, Furthur or P&F? The issue for the last 20 years has been who will fill Jerry's shoes. Still unresolved...

I find a lot of excitement over something which will probably be disappointing. I hope not, but my hopes aren't high.