Talk about the recent Tours
 #132429  by phpbb

https://www.facebook.com/furthurband/po ... 9107717693

After more than four years of heavy, year-round touring, Phil Lesh and Bob Weir have decided to put their band Furthur on hiatus in 2014. After the four night Furthur run in Mexico in January, the band will take the rest of 2014 off so that Phil and Bob can focus on their countless solo projects.
 #132431  by ebick

I, for one, hope this translates to solo acoustic Bob shows in my hometown.
 #132432  by Pete B.

I'm gonna catch them next Wed 9/25 in Eugene.
Maybe a local daytime jam, anybody???
 #132437  by amyjared

I'm gonna catch them next Wed 9/25 in Eugene.
Maybe a local daytime jam, anybody???
I would love to, but I do have work that day. But let me know when/where and I'll do my best to make it! If not, I'll see you at the show!
 #132439  by hippieguy1954

Phil is amazing for his age! Still blows me away every time! Never ending thanks to ya, Phil!
Same goes for Bob. Be he a bit younger!
 #132440  by jerrys.kids

I personally think the "weir here" sessions, and the Terrapin Crossroads shows/jams are much better anyway. These guys are showcasing some talented musicians that you may not get to see everyday and they seem to play a little more inspired too. Love the couch Q&A with Bobby and Co. He has some great stories!! I gotta think Phil getting to play with his kids has to be pretty awesome as well. The Music Never Stops.....
 #132441  by Smolder

Makes me double glad I snagged seats for the last night at red rocks. I never thought they'd still be touring in 2013... but I thought the stones would have retired 20 years ago, so what to I know. I'm grateful and fortunate to relive some of my late 70's and early 80's musical awakening.
 #132445  by jerrys.kids

So true. Said the same thing when I saw the Stones and the Who back in '97-98. Guys just keep on rollin.
 #132448  by ebick

There's a difference between musicians who do it to make a living and the ones who do it because their souls command them to do so.....the latter don't understand the concept of retirement. As the late, great Warren Zevon once said, "I'll sleep when I'm dead".