Talk about the recent Tours
 #112740  by Rusty the Scoob

They're fairly entertaining, like if a fairly decent but not super accurate Dead tribute band formed, but with the twist of half of the stage being Mickey Hart and his percussion setup. Mickey's up there doing mostly the same things he did while Jerry was alive, except now he's super prominent in the mix. And I think they threw in a few jams and non GD tunes too.
 #118169  by Maybeck09

Saw them last night in Richmond and it was great! I was on the fence about going but Dave Schools is a friend of mine and I'm glad I went and saw them. A solid setlist of a mix of Dead tunes (Scarlet/Fire, Samson, GDTRFB w/ Bid you Good Night,West LA, and an excellent Brokedown Palace along with Mickey's album stuff). Singer Crystal Hall is outstanding with soulful voice and infectious upbeat stage presence. The Dead tunes are played really well (almost forgot School's rumble into The Other One!) but its not a guitar-centered band, so its not going to sound like a Jerry-centered act. Obviously (MHB) its very percussive in nature.

Fortunately, after show got to visit with Dave and meet most of the band including a very nice visit with Mickey who was really gracious with his time and patience. (He's 68, its 2am and he's just finished leading his band thru a 3+ hour show, not to mention got to get to God know's where for tomorrow). If they come thru your town go. Its intimate, some great playing and you'll dance most of the night!

Brad