Talk about the recent Tours
 #173741  by hotasaPistol

I just got both SF shows and 1 night in LA...…got lucky on good seats good prices

resales are already double or more what I paid for...…..within 30 minutes of when I got mine...…..some of my friends got shut out in 20 minutes

I hate to say it but I would venture a guess that Billy's health had something to do with it being the Final Countdown.....maybe I'm wrong

Bobby will probably keep going with Wolf Bros and the Wolfpack...….I'm catching them at the Warfield in San Francisco for 3 nights this weekend

I wonder what all the Dead and Co haters will have to talk about now

:musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:
 #173757  by TI4-1009

What a joke. I finally got through for SPAC and the cheapest of the few seats left were over $200- some WELL over.

"Thank you- and stay in touch..." :lol:

lbpesq, Chocol8 liked this
 #173767  by hotasaPistol

heads up :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:
just added extra dates for different cities if anyone is interested
 #173776  by TI4-1009

Here's the oldest Dead ticket that I've saved:

#173777  by lbpesq

Here’s my oldest that I saved. One of several times that year that I got to hear The Wall. The Riders cancelled. Instead, we were treated to one of the handful of performances by the Great American String Band which included Jerry on banjo, David Grisman, Richard Greene, and Taj Mahal on bass.

Bill, tgo
TI4-1009 liked this
 #173779  by ebick

Here's my oldest.

strumminsix liked this
 #173780  by lbpesq

hotasaPistol wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:46 pm That Santa Barbara show was my first Dead show :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

Remember how hot it was! I was glad when they spritzed the audience down with hoses.

Bill, tgo
 #173782  by hotasaPistol

after the show we drove to the beach and all 6 of us jumped in the ocean in various stages of undress.....mostly naked......what a day to get on the bus...... :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:
Jon S. liked this
 #173863  by TI4-1009

TI4-1009 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:36 pm Here's the oldest Dead ticket that I've saved:

Inflation calculator says $7.50 in 1978 dollars would equal $34.28 in 2022 dollars. I didn't see any "Final Tour" tickets in that range. :roll:

Someone's getting rich and it ain't me.
 #174308  by Chocol8

There wasn't much they could do to get me interested in this tour, but I think they just found a way. If I can get tickets to a rumored show in Barton Hall on May 8th I will be there. My daughter is a student at Cornell and it would be a cool experience to share a "last show" with her.
strumminsix, TI4-1009 liked this
 #174309  by Jon S.

Having attended the May 8 '77 show, I'd love to join you. But that day I'll be in Tel Aviv.
Chocol8 liked this
 #174343  by Chocol8

The Cornell 23 prices are posted. A very small number of seats at $300, most are $750-1500 for tickets alone, but a lot of the tickets are reserved for travel packages and other VIP offers that kick the prices up another notch or two.

If they would guarantee that all songs would be played at full tempo maybe, but $3k for two tickets to see them perform in slow motion is a bit much.