Chat about Equipment Info
 #89799  by monroe

That cop is right. Check craigslist every day. I had a buddy who had a guitar stolen, and about 6 months later it popped up on craigslist. He made an inquiry to the seller, and made arrangements to meet the guy to "purchase" it. Then he showed up and threatened a bit of hells angels treatment if his guitar wasn't returned. and just like that he had his guitar back.
 #89805  by deadguise

Absolute bummer, I know what it's like to have a fav guitar stolen. Just a thought, if the public notice is too "public", the asshole might just stow it away forever in a closet because the tweaker will be too paranoid to sell it (or gig with it). Perhaps you want to see it show up on Craig's List or some pawn shop...you've done the best you can; insurance, police report, RUkinders looking out for it....good luck... :?
 #89807  by erock

If you have a smart phone see if you can get a craigslist Notifier app that will search every 15 minutes for whatever you want and will notify you should it pop up. I would keep the terms a bit generic in case whoever stole it doesn't quite know what it is.

Things can go quick on craigslist so it doesn't hurt to have a set of automated eyes on it
 #89816  by playingdead

I only read the equipment forum, John, and I just read about it on another board. Really sorry for your loss, brother, hope it comes back to you safely.

I might suggest posting this as a sticky on the gear forums.
 #89916  by strumminsix

playingdead wrote:I only read the equipment forum, John, and I just read about it on another board. Really sorry for your loss, brother, hope it comes back to you safely.

Stickying it.

You are missing out on alot of information then. for the life of me I'll never understand why folks don't bookmark the search new posts link:
http://community.rukind.com/search.php? ... d=newposts
 #89918  by tigerstrat

strumminsix wrote:
playingdead wrote:I only read the equipment forum, John, and I just read about it on another board. Really sorry for your loss, brother, hope it comes back to you safely.

Stickying it.

You are missing out on alot of information then. for the life of me I'll never understand why folks don't bookmark the search new posts link:
http://community.rukind.com/search.php? ... d=newposts
+ like a million!
 #89952  by modz

Sorry RUK! Man it didn't happen because your karma is bad! You are a giving and trusting brother. I will cover Saint Louis and I will post. I tried to read through all of the replies but it's kind of late so if this was covered sorry.
1. I would go around asking if anyone has video surveillance. Sometimes parking lots will or neighbors?
2. Drop a photo in every mailbox in your hood explaining that it may have been someone near. REWARD $1000.00 in big letters. The thief may even return it!
These idiots are sweating right now! They can't perform with or sell either. I am blown away by this! I love that guitar and was honored to have held it.
 #89965  by tigerstrat

If the thief turns out to be any sort of musician, I will eat a Dan-o pedal.
 #90053  by zambiland

I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling you won't be without it for too long. I think the previous post on visualization and manifestation is right on.

Hang in there! Karma is on your side!
 #95224  by drkstrcrashes

*FOUND*FOUND*FOUND!!!!!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE who left kind words and supportive messages. Someone just called me out of the blue and found my guitar OUTSIDE by a dumpster in a different case. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Giving him $500 reward. He located me through my flickr site which had photos of the guitar along with my phone # and the "Lost-reward" text.
It's not in my hands yet, but he had me describe it over the phone and get this- even the plaque on the back of the headstock is still there, says "J. Ruklick #005". UNbelievable.
I'll update tomorrow once I have it in hands, but wanted to let everyone know and again, to say thank you to all of those who told me that it would probably turn up. I didn't believe them... Thanks Tigerstrat!!!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: