Chat about Equipment Info
 #89523  by SarnoMusicSolutions

They tell me I'll have chassis on the 25th of Nov (that's 10 days from now). Sooner than that we'll be setting up our paypal store on the website for orders and pre-orders. I'm gonna try and build and ship these out as quick as I can. Stay posted at:

www.sarnomusicsolutions.com

Thanks for all the interest and support. I just recorded John Horton from the Bottle Rockets today to create some sound samples of the Earth Drive. He played his P-90 Les Paul, my Jerry-Telecaster, and his really sweet Flying-V all thru my wife's '68 Deluxe Reverb with a Weber alnico speaker. Not exactly Jerry sounds, but killer guitar playing and sounds. I'll try to post some of the sound samples real soon.

Brad
 #90368  by SarnoMusicSolutions

A slight delay on the pedals. The metal fabrication company started a run of 50 last week, and the color came out way off from the sample we were going for. So they're re-running it with a totally different paint. Hopefully around the 15th of Dec or so we should have them. Everything else is ready to go.

Brad
 #90373  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Hey, maybe you're onto something there!!! Limited edition, only 50 made!! :lol:

I guess that first it'll have to prove to be a super cool pedal that can stand out among the other gazillion freakin' overdrive pedals out there. I look forward to finding that out. It's a very big pond.

Brad
 #90375  by tigerstrat

SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:Hey, maybe you're onto something there!!! Limited edition, only 50 made!! :lol:

I guess that first it'll have to prove to be a super cool pedal that can stand out among the other gazillion freakin' overdrive pedals out there. I look forward to finding that out. It's a very big pond.

Brad
So true. There are so many different overdrive pedals, it surprises me that more than 100 ever get made of any of them.
 #90946  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Here's the new color. Had trouble with an attempt at a hammertone color. Not only was the color off from what we expected, but the text graphic color ink wouldn't adhere to the hammertone, so we scratched that batch and are going for this. We do have it at our PayPal store on our site taking orders.

http://www.sarnomusicsolutions.com

Brad
Photos - 989.jpg
Last edited by SarnoMusicSolutions on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 #91232  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Finally. The color came out a bit more teal than we planned for, but we'll work that out in the next run. But they're for real now. First one shipped out today.

Brad
Photos - 992.jpg
 #91334  by Imagined Days

So, don't give away secrets here, but......The Silicon diodes make a ton of the difference yes no? I always had a hard time believing that Jerry had Germanium in his Dist +?!?

Chris
 #91340  by SarnoMusicSolutions

I feel like the germanium in the Dist+ was what lets that pedal sound as natural and clean-ish as it does, where the guitar isn't smothered by the distortion overtones even when driven hard. Germanium is not always the best choice in a pedal, and it really depends on the circuit design and the harmonic content you're after. The Earth Drive is technically an "overdrive" pedal, and the Dist+ is techincally a "distortion" pedal. Different topologies and methods of clipping. Both silicon and germanium are great sounding when applied properly.

The silicon vs germanium issue was a MAJOR consideration in the design of the new Earth Drive. ;)

Brad
 #91363  by bcresci

SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:First one shipped out today.
SWEET! I love my wife. Brad - many thank for hooking her up. My only regret is that it didn't come signed with a big Serial Number 1 on the back. I told her I was sending it back for the autograph.

If my one year old wasn't sleeping right now, it would be cranked up to 11. Can't wait to try it.