Chat about Equipment Info

#47020  by Thomas Lieber
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:39 pm
OK here is our D.Irwin symetrical "Garcia". Birdseye Maple top and back, Walnut neck and core with a center strip of Vermillon. This is one of several models created before Jerry's guitar was compeleted

#47024  by tigerstrat
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:29 pm
Too cool!

Here's a couple of pics of the back of "Phil's bass" while it was in the possession of DSO a few years ago (that's John K holding it).... notice no lizard inlay as Phil mentioned in his autobiography... Thomas would you know if the bass Phil received had a inlay on the back? Obviously this is an Irwin bass pictured but perhaps a chance its not the one Phil played in the GD?

#47027  by pappypgh
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:25 pm
Mr. Lieber - these pics you are putting up are just incredible! Thank you again....

Out of curiosity, are you still building? I just had a custom built for me ( www.customguitars.com/natural_wonder.html ), so I'm not in the market - I'm just curious, as it seems you still have the passion flowing.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING you've given us!

Pappy
www.theCAUSEjams.com

#47030  by willmusic
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:09 pm
pappypgh wrote:Mr. Lieber - these pics you are putting up are just incredible! Thank you again....

Out of curiosity, are you still building? I just had a custom built for me ( www.customguitars.com/natural_wonder.html ), so I'm not in the market - I'm just curious, as it seems you still have the passion flowing.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING you've given us!

Pappy
www.theCAUSEjams.com

Yes sir, he does. Check em out.
http://www.lieberguitars.com/

#47031  by pappypgh
 Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:20 pm
NICE! COOL STUFF, Mr. Lieber! I like your designs. Very interesting.

THANKS!

#47273  by pappypgh
 Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:48 am
Paul Languedoc guitars sure are nice...but I, personally, prefer a solid body guitar.

Most Languedocs are the same shape, as well....they tend to have some beautiful wood & color, etc...but they don't vary too much in shape from what I've seen.

My custom was built by SB MacDonald ( www.customguitars.com ). He uses some pretty cool design techniques and branches out into resonators, etc... The coolest thing for me was that mine (he called it 'The Natural Wonder') was completely different than anything he'd ever made, according to him.

The world of custom guitars is SO fascinating to me.

#47280  by willmusic
 Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:42 am
A friend of mine plays a Languedoc as well. It's cool, but not my cup o tea either. Different strokes, eh?

#47323  by tigerstrat
 Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:35 am
timothydarcangelo wrote:Nice looking axes but, I prefer a Languedoc in appearance and style. Any thoughts on his custom masterpieces?

http://www.languedocguitars.com
Why not start a Languedoc thread and leave this one to its topic?

#47367  by willmusic
 Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:13 pm
tigerstrat wrote:
timothydarcangelo wrote:Nice looking axes but, I prefer a Languedoc in appearance and style. Any thoughts on his custom masterpieces?

http://www.languedocguitars.com
Why not start a Languedoc thread and leave this one to its topic?

Good point....soooooo...let's see....oh yeah! So what ever became of the symmetrical Garcia and others that didn't end up with Jerry? I guess I like imagining all the different possibilities, but it would be awesome to know what happened to some of them.

#47370  by hesgone95
 Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 pm
I like imagining that they ended up with me...But I was actually wondering the same thing...Where did they go....?

#47393  by Capt Rosebuddy
 Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:18 am
Well a few of them ended up getting auctioned here:

http://www.relix.com/Features/Daily_New ... 92290.html

I wonder what the "Eagle" guitar was humm...Too bad that was before I won the Powerball. And another thing,when the hell did Relix become a legitimate publication?? I remember reading articles about how to find your car after a show and top 10 ways to find an undercover cop. Oh well.

p.s.
I'd also like to say thanks to Mr. L for sharing these great stories and cool photos..I love the one's of the "Mission Control" Bass, Thanks Man!

#47398  by waldo041
 Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am

peace,
waldo

#47402  by willmusic
 Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:58 am
Most of us know what happened to the ones Jerry played/owned, but what about the ones we DON'T know about? How many others were built and never seen?