Chat about Equipment Info

#37351  by cunamara

Chuckles wrote:And, btw, Jerry held a pick as if he were writing with it, at the tips of his thumb and first two fingers, as opposed to the conventional flat of the thumb/top edge of the index finger grip.
Umm, take a look at Jerry's right hand in some pictures. He couldn't have held the pick between the thumb and first two fingers of his right hand on a bet.

#37355  by Chuckles

cunamara wrote:
Chuckles wrote:And, btw, Jerry held a pick as if he were writing with it, at the tips of his thumb and first two fingers, as opposed to the conventional flat of the thumb/top edge of the index finger grip.
Umm, take a look at Jerry's right hand in some pictures. He couldn't have held the pick between the thumb and first two fingers of his right hand on a bet.
Okay hotshot.. ya got me. :shock:

He held it in the tips of his thumb, index finger and stub... which, if you hold a pencil, is exactly where the pencil rests on the middle finger. Go ahead... pick up a pencil... do it now... where's the pencil rest?

WTF... :roll:

#37357  by GratefulPat

rob eaton dropped his pick in milwaukee and i got lisa mackey to give me it..... its a little dunlop jazz pick .. its red, and its very hard to play with

#37400  by weirimpressed

i noticed he was playing smaller than normal picks last time I saw him, thats pretty cool you got the pick though.

#37429  by Emoto

Hmmm. Never saw Jerry drop one, but I think there were a lot of things I didn't see at shows I was at.

Anyhow, for the pick droppers among us, you don't have to buy anything. Take a strip of duct tape about 5 or 6 inches long and lay it down lengthwise along the side of your mic stand boom not far from the mic clip, only don't stick it down all the way. Only stick down about half of the width, leaving the rest of the sticky part exposed and hanging down. Stick spare picks to this. If you drop one during a gig, reach over and pluck another one from the tape. Works great.

#42550  by BlobWeird

Chuckles wrote:He held it in the tips of his thumb, index finger and stub... which, if you hold a pencil, is exactly where the pencil rests on the middle finger. Go ahead... pick up a pencil... do it now... where's the pencil rest?

WTF... :roll:
Actually any picture ive seen he doesnt use the stub at all. he pulls his ring finger close to his index to close the gap where his middle finger would be. Then he holds it with thumb, index, and ring.