Chat about Equipment Info
 #151652  by Deadhead85
 Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:09 pm
I've been looking into the Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot single coil pickup set. The mid pup is reverse wound, and it says that the bridge is available with a reverse wound by request, for no additional charge. Would getting the bridge pup reverse wound, cut down on any hum or buzz typically heard in Strat pups??
 #151654  by waldo041
 Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:44 pm
Deadhead85 wrote:I've been looking into the Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot single coil pickup set. The mid pup is reverse wound, and it says that the bridge is available with a reverse wound by request, for no additional charge. Would getting the bridge pup reverse wound, cut down on any hum or buzz typically heard in Strat pups??
No is the answer. I suspect it is available for a wiring that allows for the neck and bridge to be used at the same time. The reverse wound is used when 2 single coils are used, like the between positions (2 & 4) on a 5 way, to hum cancel eachother. But when used in single coil reverse or non reversed coils will still exhibit single coil noise.

~waldo
 #151655  by Dozin
 Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:11 pm
Weir has these in his Hoeg guitar. He's using a Suhr noise cancellation backplate. I can't find their website. However, Farlin offers the same thing. http://www.fralinpickups.com/bpncs.asp