#63292  by hogan

Is that him playing to himself or is there another dude there also. That slopeshoulder 12 fretter is a cannon, Christ listen to that thing. Is it a Colling? I couldn't catch the headstock. Great playing and some really nice guitars. Well done.
~MJH
Last edited by hogan on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #63314  by sack the wack

Sweet!
To me, alot of those early tunes have become classic 'Americana' themselves. I've got my own loose classification of what I call "Hillbilly Dead" or otherwise. Basically if it's not obvious Blues and its got a train, prison, hobo, dawg, mine, bar or.... fill in the blank, it goes in my Hillbilly category. I've been fighting thru alot of Blue Grass lately with my gnarly fingers but I'm diggin' it. I play in an all acoustic group and that is the bulk of the stuff that we do. Haven't gotten around yet to nailing the lyrics to BEW but that sounds like it could be a good w/e project. I pulled out Cumberland one nite on some blue grass dudes and they were like, WTF?.
Billbbill, if either you or your buddy tabbed some of those licks, it be greatly appreciated. You could use my ole' coon houn' any ole time.
Nice work.
 #63315  by jackr

That was really nice. The last 30 seconds were pretty boring. (from 3:39 to 4:09)
 #63322  by ebick

jackr wrote:The last 30 seconds were pretty boring. (from 3:39 to 4:09)

ack ack ack ack :lol:

It definately appears he recorded one track and is playing against it. Around 2:51 it actually appears the two tracks are super imposed....I don't think that's a reflection.

perty kewl
 #63323  by jackr

I was thinking if he could edit or create a video like that with a super imposed image, why wouldn't he cut out the last 30 seconds? I guess I am just being anal.
 #63326  by Billbbill

hogan wrote:Is that him playing to himself or is there another dude there also. That slopeshoulder 12 fretter is a cannon, Christ listen to that thing. Is it a Colling? I couldn't catch the headstock. Great playing and some really nice guitars. Well done.
~MJH
As stated it's 2 tracks of him. He does have quite the gitbox collection.
sackthewack wrote:Billbbill, if either you or your buddy tabbed some of those licks, it be greatly appreciated.
I'll point out your request to him. He doesn't belong here but who knows?
jackr wrote:I was thinking if he could edit or create a video like that with a super imposed image, why wouldn't he cut out the last 30 seconds? I guess I am just being anal.
tehe - In addition to thinking pretty much the same thing, when I first watched it and saw it winding down, I wondered wtf is he gonna do with these last 30 seconds? Evidently nothing!

I'm also pretty anal! :x