#23895  by ker1227

im pretty partial to the solo from the cornell 77

#23901  by BlobWeird

ker1227 wrote:im pretty partial to the solo from the cornell 77
really? Man people need to break out of cornell. Its really not that good. Row Jimmy and Jack Straw are really the only hot versions. The rest is good but nothin special. Check out DP29. Someone on here tabbed it out a little while back but anyways its some good stuff.

#23902  by chinacat503

my favorite is off of DP18 (Feb.3/1978) Hot!!!!!

#23906  by razmablues

12-27-77 winterland

it melts me :smile:

give it a listen if you love that song

#47580  by weirimpressed

razman, good suggestion, loved it!

#47587  by willmusic

razmablues wrote:12-27-77 winterland

it melts me :smile:

give it a listen if you love that song

Ditto that for me too! First off, this whole show is awesome...in my top 3, and is probably my favorite 77 show. I'm definitely not surprised to see this one near the top. I generally like playing things a little differently every time, but since I was 16 I've modeled every solo for BEW (Scarlet too) after 12-27-77. It sticks with you for years and years and it actually plays in my head all the time. And since I've taken on Bobby parts in recent years, it's been pretty inspirational there as well. Sorry bout the rambling but I love it...WHOO!!!

#47594  by pappypgh

I'm actually partial to some wicked, blisteringly fast versions from the 80's. I LOVE the 77 versions mentioned, as well (of course!) - but there's something about Jerry's quick-pickin' on Tiger that rocks my world.

#47605  by st stephen

DP18 Feb.3/1978....excellent version

there are a few from the 80's that i love as well but dont remeber the actual dates right now.

oh and there is one from the 91 giants stadium show with horsnby i think its 6-17-91..thats not my favorite but i love it. the work between hornsby and garcia is amazing. to me best version of the 90s.

#47632  by bodiddley

3-18-77 has a very nice one.

2-14-86!

#47638  by caspersvapors

BlobWeird wrote:
ker1227 wrote:im pretty partial to the solo from the cornell 77
really? Man people need to break out of cornell. Its really not that good. Row Jimmy and Jack Straw are really the only hot versions. The rest is good but nothin special. Check out DP29. Someone on here tabbed it out a little while back but anyways its some good stuff.
I love cornell too, IMO the BEW is a stronger version of that song than Jack Straw is from that show.

its smooth as silk yet very fast and i love how jerry goes for the 2nd verse rather than just doing a 1 verse solo
 #52777  by adirondack.dead

"really? Man people need to break out of cornell."

Dude speak for yourself. I know there's tons of good ones but I freakin LOVE that BEW on Cornell 77!!! I still remember the first time I heard it. I was blown away......
 #52778  by weirimpressed

The Cornell version is usually constantly in rotation on my "Dead Favorites" shuffle on the IPOD, but imo, the Winterland from that same year completely blows it away.
 #52780  by bodiddley

Date please on said Winterland version?
 #52782  by willmusic

bodiddley wrote:Date please on said Winterland version?

12-27-77, here ya go! It's my personal fav from this run, but the other nights are well worth the listen too. I can certainly see why other folks prefer those others shows, but the 27th grabbed me long ago, way before I even realized how much I loved the Dead . Enjoy!
http://www.archive.org/details/gd77-12- ... sbeok.shnf