#52784  by weirimpressed

^^^^^
 #52988  by jeffm725

I really love the 6/30/85 merriweather BEW...this show is known for one of the ALL TIME great Shakedowns, but check out the BEW from set 1. Bobby is very inventive during this one, which jerry recognizes and responds to Bobbys ingenuity by kicking up the intensity.
Check out Bobby's use of distortion and controlled feedback on this version. Incredible!
 #52997  by bodiddley

Ya, that 12-27-77 is a sweet one. I've been in a big time "BEW" and "Peggy-O" mood lately and that show has top notch versions of both.
 #53015  by tigerstrat

jeffm725 wrote:I really love the 6/30/85 merriweather BEW...this show is known for one of the ALL TIME great Shakedowns, but check out the BEW from set 1. Bobby is very inventive during this one, which jerry recognizes and responds to Bobbys ingenuity by kicking up the intensity.
Check out Bobby's use of distortion and controlled feedback on this version. Incredible!
Good call onthe 6/30/85. It's basically one of those songs that generally got better the more they did it.
 #53059  by amyjared

I really love the 6/30/85 merriweather BEW
One of my all-time faves because I was there. Which leads me to the conclusion, Best (insert song here) version is almost always the ones I was at! Exception: January SF show after Bobby's dog died. Forget the year. Horrible versions. Bad show. Bummer.
 #124046  by mijknahs

I like the one from Boise, ID 1983 (some date in early Sept. I think).

Also the one from the Kaiser 11/21/85 (Big Boy Pete show).