#22113  by razmablues

so the progression for the lead is:
C#m E B A then C#m E A

i know an emajor will fit perfectly throughout, but when i'm doing that, it's missing a certain .... how do you say... flavor.

what techniques (if any) do you use while doing leads over this song?

#22119  by strumminsix

I'm not a lead player per say but when I do some leads I try to do what I think I hear Jerry do - play the scales with regards to the chord.

So you take an E scale:
E F# G# A B C# Eb E

Or the E mixo if you prefer:
E F# G# A B C# D E

But in this case I'd mix it up and use both

From there I hear him work his way into and around the chords:
C#m = C# E G#
E = E G# B
B = B Eb F#
A = A C# E

And to my ears I hear alot of emphasis on the 3rds.

#22868  by XxRouninxX

I'm writing a tab out for one of the live version intro/solo's but until then, i play it Fmajor/Dminor pentatonic based around 10th position, seems to get the tone right.

#22872  by shakedown_04092

XxRouninxX wrote:I'm writing a tab out for one of the live version intro/solo's but until then, i play it Fmajor/Dminor pentatonic based around 10th position, seems to get the tone right.
Uhh...10th fret, I'm guessing? 10th position would be mighty difficult, unless of course you have a guitar with about 30-something frets. In which case, carry on! :cool: :lol:

#22874  by XxRouninxX

wow are you my personal proofreader? I need to reread these posts before submitting ;) thats two you've caught me on in one night!

must be my lack of formal education shining through, yea thats it

#22878  by shakedown_04092

Shit, are you serious? Oh man, my bad rounin....sorry 'bout that man, just didn't want to confuse anyone else reading it (inlcluding myself!)

I promise - you'll have plenty of opportunity with me. In fact, my brain is scheduled for it's monthly maintenance repair any day now, so it won't be long before I'm typo-ing something. :lol:

#22882  by XxRouninxX

doh! suprised you didn't find the fact that i said i played Fmaj pentatonic over browneyed women, lol.. i meant to say Emaj pentatonic, tenth FRET.

anyways check this form in the next couple days and ill have the entire DP29 solo tabbed out :)