#13075  by tigerstrat

I read a late-80's Weir interview once, where he was asked which Garcia songs were his favorite to play, and he cited BEW (and I think Eyes too).

#13080  by Django

And don't forget that Europe '72 solo: those rubbery bends and deep descending line after the re-statement of the intro figure. Then he repeats and comes bouncing back up until the final rubbery bends. Maybe my favorite Jerry lead line ever. Not every version, but Europe '72's.

#13086  by hesgone95

BEW has been one of my faves since the first time I heard it. Just one of those Jerry tunes that sinks it's hooks into you the first time. That intro is just so slinky and sexy. Lots of fun to play with words that are even more fun to sing. Not to harp on that silly show, but the Cornell take is really nice IMHO.

#13097  by grateful4booze

I never liked it that much. There is a pretty good one on a DP from '79. It's very fast.
 #21646  by kenneybonz

so much stuff in that song and what a great set of verses to throw vocals on
i love to listen to old jerry and to bands do that song.. hard to tire of.. :P

#21648  by big_river_bum

one of those bridges that just tugs at your heartstrings

#23087  by GratefulPat

i dont know about best... its a good one though. i like real slow versions with lots of bends in the solos. very soulful

#23091  by Henry

grateful4booze wrote:I never liked it that much. There is a pretty good one on a DP from '79. It's very fast.
If you're talking about DP 5, that one has almost like a Disco beat to it, which was fashionable at the time... I wondered, what were those guys up to? But, it sounds interesting, fun to listen to somehow.