#78618  by mijknahs

Does anyone else have trouble with timing when *singing* the bridge or is it just me? I know it's in 3/4 time but it's tricky for me. I'm just starting to play it with my band and I am not comfortable with the bridge yet. The rest of the song is easy and fun to play.
 #78664  by jeffm725

no problems singing it but there always seems to be trainwrecks with someone or another either during the part (drums or someone jumping changes), or if we make it though that unscathed someone inevitably screws up the timing into the Em .."fly away" part
 #83027  by seanc

It's a real lot easier if you don't think of it as 3/4 but instead count it as 6/8 (or even as 12/8). The quarters stay the same (ish) but instead of 1&, you count 1-triple, 2-triple, etc.

If you have good drummers, they will generally set up the transition by coming in with heavy triplets switching from 8th to triplets and everything just flows right into it.
 #83069  by seanc

IMO... If you are having a real problem then you are all thinking way too much about it.
if it really is throwing you. Just count it in 2 and pretend that nothing else has changed.