#17844  by nicolasalk

Which are the best ones for you

I like vey much the
2/18/71
but i know there are some wonderfull wharf rats, the problem is that i never remember dates so when i listen a good one then i don't know when it was.

thanks

#17863  by tigerstrat

I know I usually (over-)cite this amazing second set in reference to the superlative Scarlet>Fire but the whole Space> NFA> Wharf Rat sequence is also exquisite... heart-rending riffs from Jerry, and drum-tight ensemble singing.

2/27/81

#17865  by Shaggy

For some reason I find myself underrating this song and forgetting about it, a bit like China Doll. Not sure why, maybe it can get lost among some of the bigger boys in the set.

One hell of a powerful song though. Would have been interesting to hear what kind of studio version thay would have come up with.

#17867  by caspersvapors

closing of Winterland version
7-8-78

any Wharf Rat really does it for me

#18775  by owL

One of my favorites is the wharf rat on DP12

#18776  by IamDocWatson

i really like dp12...also the new cow palace disc has a sweet one...great sound quality on that cd

#18777  by bodiddley

The one on DP18 is also really excellent. Really, there are so many excellent versions out there...it's hard to choose. It's a crime no acoustic versions were done.

#37598  by Grinner

you simply MUST check out Rockin' the Rhein disc 3

Dark star>Me and My uncle>Dark star>Wharf Rat

I just deleted 3-4 paragraphs about this, but you'll understand what I'm saying much better if you just listen to it anyway (especially if you're really baked)

#37605  by AugustWest

I guess with a login name like "augustwest" I feel obliged to give my opinion on this one.

11/9/79 buffalo,ny. Right out of drums comes this fantastic rendition. I love the versions with brent. Not just for the harmonies but for right after the bridge when he hits in with that thunderous wave on the organ, right into "I'll get up and fly away" I really like the one from hampton 81 as well. But for today this one is my favorite.

#37650  by Grinner

when my alarm went off this morning, literally the very first thing I thought was "My name is August WEEEEEEESSSST..."

Check out 7-27-73, the soundcheck has a monster jam>wharf rat

http://www.archive.org/details/gd73-07- ... beok.flacf

and don't miss bird song ;)

#37663  by paulee

I'am particularly fond of the "Ticket to new years" version.

Wish they would release on HDCD.

#37691  by bodiddley

Ya, but it's only true HD if it was filmed in HD, and it wasn't.

#37693  by paulee

oh the DVD quality now is fine...but they could master it and release on high def CD....