#8842  by strumminsix

I was watching the Bozo show 72 DVD and in the first 2 lines of the chorus it appears Bobby plays:
Code: Select all
A                                        A   G   F#m  A
Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
A                 D      A     G    F#m    A
Other times I can barely see.
Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

#19862  by gr8fulbluz

I may be way off, but as I play it by myself acoustic, I through a run in there somethin' like that. But seriously I hear things wrong all the time and I haven't watched closely on any videos of Bob W. So I dunno?

However I have been playin' with truckin and found your post as I wandered around RuKind today.

A                                        A   G   F#m  A
Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
A                 D      A     G    F#m    A
Other times I can barely see.
After the shining on me, Sumpthing like this, I really dont know how to use the tab creator, but I play a bit of a rake over the open A chord whilst i do the run.
E|-----------------------------
B|-----------------------------
G|-----------------------------
D|-----------------------------
A|--0--0-----------------0-----
E|--------3--3--2--0--2--------

My question concerns the next part what are ya hearing here
D           B         F#           F#sus4   F#
Lately it occurres to me
       Amaj7                   E
What a long, strange trip it's been.

Are ya hearing the B, sometimes I think I hear a Bm. And the F#sus4, I bounce back to the B or Bm as I feel the need, but the sus4 works as well.

Just a wondering what some of ya are playin?. I play mostly solo acoustic on GD stuff FWIW

#19864  by Billbbill

Looks to me that at that point he's playing the bottom end exclusively on the E and A strings, at least over the F#m/D part. Maybe it's F# no 3rd?

----A--G--F#no3rd-A
A|--7--5--4-----4>7--------
E|--5--3--2--0--2>5--------

You can kinda see his index finger come off the fretboard for the open E.

#19866  by Billbbill

gr8fulbluz wrote: My question concerns the next part what are ya hearing here
D           B         F#           F#sus4   F#
Lately it occurres to me
       Amaj7                   E
What a long, strange trip it's been.

Are ya hearing the B, sometimes I think I hear a Bm. And the F#sus4, I bounce back to the B or Bm as I feel the need, but the sus4 works as well.

Just a wondering what some of ya are playin?. I play mostly solo acoustic on GD stuff FWIW
I didn't listen to it with your question in mind but now that I play around with it it sounds to me like it's

D-F#sus4-F#---F#sus4-F#--A--E

B, Bm, F#sus4 all seem to fit. Maybe the Bm best of all. And that Amaj7 doesn't sound right to me. At all.

#19875  by gr8fulbluz

Billbbill wrote: And that Amaj7 doesn't sound right to me. At all.
I am thinking that too. I have been using the A with an occasional A7th accent pull-off. I dunno. the Amaj7 sounds soft to me.

Edit: I have been playin with the tab creator ;)
not exact but,
(/) Slide Up  () Slide Down  (h) Hammer On  (p) Pull Off  (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|--0----0--0--
B|--2----2--2--
G|--2p---0h-2--
D|--2----2--2--
A|--0----0--0--
E|-------------
							http://www.guitartabcreator.com

#19958  by gr8fulbluz

Billbbill wrote:Looks to me that at that point he's playing the bottom end exclusively on the E and A strings, at least over the F#m/D part. Maybe it's F# no 3rd?

----A--G--F#no3rd-A
A|--7--5--4-----4>7--------
E|--5--3--2--0--2>5--------

You can kinda see his index finger come off the fretboard for the open E.
I broke out the electric today for some jammin, and that way sounds great, I like it! THanks :-)