#2  by bren

i really like this terrapin tab :D
 #7  by Dead in NY

this is the very best tab for terrapin I have seen so far.
 #22  by uncle jesse

the intro is not quite correct but i found it at emil's phish tab page that had a better version of the intro
 #80  by LazyLightnin

yeah the intro should be played in a different ocatve. start at c on the g string. also the outro is usually played in the d scale down at the bar not open. but it is tabbed perfectly note for note here, just wrong location . hehe

-lazylightnin

#98  by ebick

Thanks lazy. You know, this is all I ever strived for (that the notes are right). I find it amazing (though I shouldn't) that people will say something's "wrong" because they think it should be played in a different position, or a different key. I guess I understand that there are a lot of beginners that come to this site that do't necessarily understand about transposing or position on the neck, so I don't get too uptight about it.

So, this is the alternative that was mentioned?

E-------------------------------------------------------------
B-----------12/10---13-13--12-13--------------12/10-----------
G--------12---------10-x---10-10-----------12-----------------
D--10/12------------10-x----x-10-----10/12--------------------
A-------------------------------------------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

BTW, beware. I went to Emil's and whoa......the pop ups, the install this on your computer, holy moly........

#107  by Guest

lol no phish 4 me.lol. so i wont be at emils, less they got really good dead tab. i can usually figure something just w/ basic chorg progression anyway, all the licks and fills are in the scale lol. are you hip to intervals? the"space" between notes? just the defintion has helped me lots.

-LazyLightnin

spaceyourface420@hotmail.com

#130  by Catfish John

Intervals are definately hip. Especially if you practice listening to intervals to the point where you can actually hear the spacing between notes in the melody line, then playing by ear starts to get alot easier. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but like most, I probably only know the tip of the iceberg.

#142  by Dozin

This is how I play it - from Bob's perspective

E------------------------8---8---7----8---
B-----------12/10----10--10--10--10---
G--------12-----------10--10--10--10---
D--10/12----------------------------------
A-------------------------------------------
E-------------------------------------------

into the first verse
E--------------15
B---------12--15
G------12-------
D---12----------
A----------------
E----------------
Last edited by Dozin on Fri May 21, 2004 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #146  by uncle jesse

I understand what you are saying about it mabe not being wrong but played in a different position.

What I was saying was that for the particular voicing that you would want with terrapin that would not be the way to play it. Tecnically it could be right but I just wanted to let it be known that that wasn't the way that jerry was playing it and if someone was learning they would want it to sound almost the same:) if that's even possible;)

Good luck on this song, it's a hard one to pull off!
 #167  by jd042068

love the tab site...rukind made it so easy to cover Dead tunes. Yet i found through experience that the end of Terrapin is mystical, and the band members involved had best be on the same page. It is a tough one to get right...and someone said that they were trying to play like Jerry plays...that would be great...although most of us beginners may get one note in compared to the 20 he gets in his licks. Have a good one.

#168  by Dozin

Actually the ending isn't to bad, it's repetitive.

Am G C G Am
Am G C G D
Am G C G Am
Am G D C Am
E Eb D

Last edited by Dozin on Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#187  by Catfish John

the chord change may be simple, but the dead had a way of creating the experience of the song, which is the hard part to recreate

#2362  by Tancrisism

This is the only good tab I have ever seen of Terrapin.