#3516  by Shaggy

Any thoughts on your favourite Sugar Mag?

I certainly disliked it when it got slowed down and doing the Sunshine Daydream part at another stage of the show annoyed me to be honest. Thought it was hokey at best.

I go for 4/25/71 as one of mine, Jer has this wah wah effect thing going and he just crunches the rhythm, blasting it out. great feel to it.

#3517  by tigerstrat

Gotta love the one from the following night (4/26/71) with Duane all over it. The BIODTL too!

Some of my faves are from the early 80s, like 6/28/83, 10/10/82, 2/27/81....real uptempo scorchers, with plenty of Phil ordinance. A personal fave that I attended might be 7/2/87- I got to about 40 ft in front of Bob during post-Space and as they finally got to the big pause, some dude lit a string of firecrackers timed perfectly to the transition into SSDD. Excellent effect!

#3518  by sarraqum

The one thats on "Stepping Out in London 72" is pretty damn good. It comes out of a very happy Dark Star jam and then rips into Caution.

The 09/02/83 is another personal faveourite.

#3519  by jck_strw

4-11-78

It's the closer, coming out of Iko. Amazing Jerry solo.

#3520  by pharewellphish

sounds weird sayin this but the one from american beauty might be my favorite. as much as i dislike the studio dead stuff this ones good. after time they turned it into the showclosing rocking song and i think they just got away from what it was supposed to be when they wrote it
 #3522  by phreaker

i loved it when jerry used the wah on this song, and its one of my favorite to play with wah. i would have to say europe 72 is my fav., although i havent heard too many versions of that song. ive downloaded dozens of show with it, but never bothered to listen.

i listened to 4/25/71 just now, and its pretty good, too.

#12816  by GratefulFloyd

check out 9-20-70, one of the best versions i've ever heard, alot of energy, amazing solo, just real cool stuff