#22756  by cosmic_calliope

This is an excellent recording of st. stephen.
but it throws me off every time it ends cause right after "answer man", they start up another song that sounds like a jammed out irish jig with these kick ass lyrics but its still on the st. stephen track.

i was kinda curious if anyone knew what the song at the end was, if it'd help i'd write down some of the lyrics and post them.

#22758  by uwsugarbwl2002

you're referring to the "william tell bridge", a "song" that is not usually given its own track on official releases. Don't have a ton of info about it, though I believe you can find the chords (very simple) on this website under st. stephen. If its not there, check The Eleven. I believe this song was only played as a bridge between these two songs, back in the time when these songs were paired. It really is great though! And a great dicks picks, too!

#25885  by frankielee

Also on Live Dead

#25981  by krzykat

if you look in Hunters collection of songs Box Of Rain this is actually the last part of St. Stephen. I look at as the answer to the answer man

#25985  by xero92

High green chilly winds and windy vines in loops
Around the twined shafts of lavender
They're crawling to the sun

Underfoot the ground is patched
With climbing arms of ivy wrapped
Around the manzanita stark and shiny in the breeze

Wonder who will water all the children of the garden
When they sigh about the barren lack
Of rain and droop so hungry 'neath the sky

William Tell has stretched his bow
Till it won't stretch no furthermore
And/or it will require a change that hasn't come before

My favorite Hunter lyrics of all time, hands down. Keller Williams plays just this as its own song on Crazy Fingers, and he calls it "the Eleven". I like Keller's way of playing it, I love the chord progression he uses it. I have adapted his way into my own way of playing the song. If anyone is interested I will post 'em up.

#26002  by amyjared

If anyone is interested I will post 'em up.
Post away! I'm not a huge Keller fan, but I do love those Crazy Fingers CD's.