#17224  by jck_strw

Man nothing in this forum.

Anyhow, I was never a big fan of Sailor>Saint, but this weeks Dead Vault has a very nice Sailor>Saint>Wharf Rat>Other One (5-31-80). Anyone have any others to recommend?

#17225  by amyjared

Two of my faves were in '85: One was the Greek theatre and the other was in Richmond that ended up on Dick's Pick's. It was split up with Drums/Space in the middle.

#17227  by Billbbill

10-10-82

#17228  by tigerstrat

Billbbill wrote:10-10-82
Best one ever!

I'll throw another one: 12/11/79 K.C.

#17229  by jck_strw

Very nice Bill, thanks. For this show, Crazy Fingers goes into Lost Sailor so I started at Fingers.

I don't know what I was thinking not getting into this combo. Very good stuff.

#17230  by ebick

4-6-82 is a completely solid set which includes a nice Sailor->Saint. The end of Truckin into the Other One into Dew is some of the finest Grateful Dead I've ever heard.

#17231  by jck_strw

tigerstrat wrote:
Best one ever!

Damn this is good too. This must be an early one because Lost Sailor stops, some noodling/tuning, and then they fire up Saint. And this Saint is fucking hot.

I certainly do miss the days of being able to dl the shows directly from Archive.org. I'll spend tonight looking for these couple of shows.

#17237  by lostsailor8782

the last one ever 3-24-86 very nice but very short set , only morning dew after space .... really really nice High Time !!! The sailor saint is really nice... in the transition, which is flawless, Bobby says "Just like a swiss watch ." check it out ... there is a really good audience tape out there ... in 1/2 step Bobby says ..'keep your clothes on out there .."

#17264  by Shaggy

Never liked Lost Sailor but loved St of. Almost any from it's first year or so.

#17297  by pfarrell615

lost on tour,my muffler fell off my car leaving the lot in buckeye lake, ilost my friends the day before in traffic going into the show(pre-cell phone days) and the only tape i had was "go to heaven" driften& dreamin going on a feeling well im gonna go for it for sure going on a feeling

#17316  by tigerstrat

Heh heh, ooops, as they say: I hadn't even heard the 12/11/79 yet... I meant to recommend 11/30/79 Pittsburgh as a hot one.At least that was the one that I had just heard that I dug.
jck_strw wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:
Best one ever!

Damn this is good too. This must be an early one because Lost Sailor stops, some noodling/tuning, and then they fire up Saint. And this Saint is fucking hot.

I certainly do miss the days of being able to dl the shows directly from Archive.org. I'll spend tonight looking for these couple of shows.

#33441  by SailorSaint

lostsailor8782 wrote:the last one ever 3-24-86 very nice but very short set , only morning dew after space .... really really nice High Time !!! The sailor saint is really nice... in the transition, which is flawless, Bobby says "Just like a swiss watch ." check it out ... there is a really good audience tape out there ... in 1/2 step Bobby says ..'keep your clothes on out there .."
A video of this one is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciJsTB-sDeE. Certainly worth a look.

I agree with all of the 10/10/82 talk.

There are some really great Saints out there---I'm glad that Ratdog has put it back where it belongs---with its partner Sailor. In the end it is the closing of Saint that makes or breaks it for me.