#69000  by Grateful.Ed

Any ideas on some leads? Been doing some jamming in E and this riff comes up but I don't know how to jump off into a lead.

We do a Backdoor Man jam that goes into a few songs and this would be a great addition.

I'm trying to mix in Smokestack Lightning as well and also just posted for some lead ideas there too.

Many Thanks, Ed.
 #69019  by ronster

Smokestack and spoonful are pretty much the same. I posted some riffs for New speedway boogie awhile back that will work for those tunes. Just straight ahead E blues using the G shape on the 12th fret works well. Something like this

E|--12b--12b--15~-12~-------------------------------------------------------------------
B|--15b--15b--15~-12~--15b-12-----------------------------------------------------------
G|-----------------------------14p13p12-------------------------12--------------12---12-
D|---------------------------------------14--12---------12--14------------12h14----14---
A|-----------------------------------------------13h14-------------13h14----------------
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also works at the outro for truckin, jdarks has a similar tab at the end his trucking tab that will do just fine.