#44118  by BlobWeird

Havent seen this one around here so I figured id drop it. Think its right?

E|----------------------------------------------
B|-----------8----------------------7-----------
G|-----9--------9-----9-------8--------8-----8--
D|--7-----7--------7-------7-----7--------7-----
A|----------------------------------------------
E|----------------------------------------------

E|------------------------------------5--
B|-----------6---------------------5-----
G|-----7--------7-----7---------6--------
D|--7-----7--------7---------7-----------
A|---------------------------------------
E|---------------------------------------
cplayer2 liked this

#44120  by spilly

yeah, the note values are correct, how the arpeggios are structure depends on what show your listening to. (I thought I'd throw that out there before you got a bunch of response tabs that were the same pattern with slight variations) nice tab

I always enjoyed playing Bobby's part on that. I like the voicings he uses. the tab on the site is close, but I do it a little different. I might as well throw that out there to compliment your Jerry riff
A, Ao7, Dm/A, A

A- xx765x
Ao7- xx454x
Dm/A- xx776x
*- you can keep the A bass note on all these chords if your playing it aone

I use different voicing than the sites for the keep on dancing part also

A6, A/B, A/C#, B9/D#, Dm/F, A, D7, E7

A6- xx767x
A/B- xx766x
A/C#- xx765x
B9/D#- xx764x
Dm/F- xx776x
A- xx765x
D7 x5453x
E7- 020100
*- again you can keep the open A bass note going over all these chords to give it more depth when playing it alone.
cplayer2 liked this
 #44123  by Laytonco

You know, this is 95% of why I love this site. Thanks for sharing gents. I use the Bobby part from the site with a little modification. But, I'm going to try these tabs tonight and play them at the Moontime saturday. Is it just me, or doesn't this make for some really cool ethereal connection?

Peace,

Gil

#44124  by spilly

"Is it just me, or doesn't this make for some really cool ethereal connection?"

yeah, I'm with you on that. It is pretty cool to get other peoples takes on things, even if I don't use them, I try them out and see if I can take something away from it. Looking at a concept from different angles really broadens my understanding for it. Let us know how it works out.

#44137  by Billbbill

Here's my take on this from this thread - pretty close to yours btw

http://community.rukind.org/viewtopic.p ... dc9b2053e8

E------------------------------5
B------8-------7-------6-------5------
G---9-9-9---8-8-8---7-7-7---6-6----
D--7-7---7-7-7---7-7-7---7-7-7-------

#44138  by amyjared

Thanks for these interpretations. I always played it by moving from an A on the 5th fret to Ao (like in Deal-with 4 fingers) at the 4th fret and then the 3rd fret then to the open A. Knew it was wrong, but couldn't quite place what to do (and usually doing it solo acoustic).

Of course, the part that always gives me more trouble is the very next part...everybody's dancing...c'mon children, help me out...

#44139  by BlobWeird

Billbbill wrote:Here's my take on this from this thread - pretty close to yours btw

http://community.rukind.org/viewtopic.p ... dc9b2053e8

E------------------------------5
B------8-------7-------6-------5------
G---9-9-9---8-8-8---7-7-7---6-6----
D--7-7---7-7-7---7-7-7---7-7-7-------
So notewise we are on the same page. Good to know :)

As for the next part Ive never touched the chords. I just try to solo over the progression the best I could.
 #87210  by Woody

Hey Spilly,
You nailed that tab! I know this is an old thread, but, man, I went through this thing and it's dead on for the transisition from the 'Band on the Highway' part (minus the E7), and repeated for the 'C'mon children' part (with the E7). Great job!