#174333  by m4cchi

i might be going nuts here, but does anyone else hear that on the 72 london dew, that either jerry or bobs guitar is sharp??

so lately, ive been trying to work out some of the lines they play. but when i first took a look at the song and they hit a D chord right at the start, my guitar sounds wickedly flat compared to theirs...

as another example, when they do the walk up, it sounds a little off till jerry hits the bend on 15

further, at the beginning of the walk up when they hit the open D, ive played to that and had to tune my guitar up to right between D and D#, upon which i get an accurate match

its possible i need to fix the intonation of my guitar, but ive looked at other dead tunes to copy a version (not from this show) and havent had any problem like this.

any ideas or information that im just missing?

all help is appreciated...
 #174334  by lbpesq

It sounds like you are listening to the Europe '72 album. Everything on there was sped up in the studio, so it is all a little sharp.

And welcome to the forum. Always room for another head on the bus!

Bill, tgo
Last edited by lbpesq on Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #174336  by m4cchi

lbpesq wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:30 pm It sounds like you are listening to the Europe '72 album. Everything on there was sped up in the studio, so it is all a little sharp.

And welcome to the forum. Always room for anther head on the bus!

Bill, tgo
yep... just listened to the actual recording... whoops!

thanks man!!
 #174350  by ebick

If you want to play along with that stuff/era, recommend Hundred Year Hall.