#12219  by d-v-s

I was listening to DP vol 1 (1973-12-19) last night going home from work and when I got to Mississippi Half Step, I heard something that I hadn't heard before. Bobby was tearing it up.

He had some really nice descending riffs on the E7 at the end of the first line of each verse (On the day when I was born).

Also there were some cool riffs during the Am for the "Halfstep, mississippi uptown toodeloo".

I saw a prior post on this forum with some good ideas for the move from G7 to C at the end of each verse. that was good stuff.

Can anybody help with some of these other bobby riffs? If I figure them out, i'll post them myself, but any tips are welcome.

#12223  by hobbsy

Right on, I love Bobby on that tune! I love the Weather Report and Around and Around too. He was smokin that evening! Anyhow, there's another topic in this forum I think where someone is asking for Bobby licks. Perhaps you'll want to try your question there.

#12224  by hobbsy

Just found something for you..Try this link (hope it works) and off to the side you'll notice some other videos. There-in lies the answer I think you're looking for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eC6c_zfUW4