#46986  by Tennessee Jedi

The guitar tab is different because most of us guitar guys are self taught.Rely on the ear too much.
G and E minor are similar on the git box - easy to get confused esp. if the changes are fast !
The guitar - the easiest instrument to play ;the hardest to master...
Or something like that...
You know what I'm trying to say.
I mean you were probably reading music early on in your musical life.
Also - YOU can read tab - you just dont know it.
The horizontal lines represent the 6 strings;the numbers are the frets.
Tab doesnt give the whole true musical story - if you have never heard the tune you would have trouble playing it correctly.
Why doesnt the tab represent what the guys are playing ?
Because we are too lazy to fix it !
:D :D :D

#46988  by pappypgh

mttourpro wrote: Third--It's still not a question of F7 or Fmajor7 as much as the G minor...TS's version is not an F7 (Pappy)--it's a G minor9--big difference.
I was talking about:

|| C / /. Em / /. |Gm9 C7. Am / / /. | F7 /. C / / /. | G / / / / / / : ||

THAT F7 that I've seen some (including YOU, Tour Pro) list as an Fmaj7. I've A/B'd it and it's definitely an F7, not Fmaj7. I believe the Gm9 to be correct, too as I've always played it as a Gm/A, which is basically the same thing. WAY looking forward to trying this soon as a band! :cool: :cool: (if we can come to an agreement on the chords!!) :roll:

#46991  by Rusty the Scoob

I'm just a lowly bass player but I do have a degree in music theory - and I believe that chord is an F7. An FMaj7 would stick in your ear and be very noticeable, even when it's only three beats long.

Another possibility of course is that there's no 7 at all. If neither the E or the Eb fits I'd say that's a good bet - and it'll keep you out of trouble.

Now I just need to sit down and figure out what Phil usually does over the one beat of C7 in the 2nd measure... something E related, I think.

#47002  by sack the wack

Sorry guys, off topic but Hey Tourpro, was wondering where your tag line came from. 'there is no such thing as coincidence'
By the way, you guys all rock. I'm still like 'G-uh C- da what the hell is that chord-C7

#47008  by Billbbill

This has always been a difficult one to figure. I've listened until my ears hurt! As far as jg's part went I hear these shapes where you folks are thinkin Gm9-C7-Am

--Am or C6---G--Am
e----8-------7--5---
b----10------8--5---
g----9-------7--5---
d----10------9--7---

Definitely F7-C on the other part and I think Ed's tab has the bridge right on. Over the G at the end of the 1st half of the verse you can hear jg doing a little g-f-g-f-c leading to the 2nd half sometimes. And then this from the G to the Am at the end of the 2nd half of the verse before the "Loop of lazy lightnin..."

---G-----------Am
g--4---5---7-7--5
d-5-5/7-7/9-9---7

Interesting how this has such divergent interps.

#47077  by mttourpro

Intro

C Em Gm7-C-Am
Lazy lightnin', sleepy fire in your eyes,
F7 C
Is that desire in disguise?

Em F-E-D (walks down to next C)
I keep on tryin’ but I, I can’t get through

C Em Gm7-C-Am
Lazy lightnin', I’d like to find the proper potion
F7 C
To kinda capture your emotion

G F-E-D (walks down to Am)
You’re right beside me but I, I can’t get through

Am
You’re a loop of Lazy lightnin',

Just a loop of Lazy lightnin',

Must admit you’re kinda frightening,

But you really get me high. (D sus 9)

Phil> intro>

Frozen lightnin', when I hear your velvet thunder
You seem so near I start to wonder
Would you come closer if I, if I asked you to?

So inviting, well, you’re messin’ with my reason
It’s an obsession but it’s pleasin’
Tell me your lie and I will swear, I’ll swear it’s true

You’re a loop of Lazy lightnin',
Just a loop of Lazy lightnin',
Must admit you’re kinda frightening,
G
Loop a loop of Lazy lightnin',
D
Rope of fire ‘round my heart (lightnin')
G
Rope of fire ever (tightening)
D
Rope of fire ‘round my heart

Come on, come on, lazy lightnin'Am-C-G-F-C-Am

guitar solo over SECOND half of verse with GFED walk down, back to another verse

Am
You’re a loop of Lazy lightnin', Whooo etc>Supplication

After a few more listenings, this is what I've settled on. I may have the arrangement a little goofed as I'm at work...Thanks for all the input.I appreciate it...

as for the tag, I'm actually not sure where I first heard that but I've always liked it because even thought there definitely is coincidence, I think most of the time we somehow make out own fate....MT

www.thecausejams.com

#47081  by strumminsix

First, thanks, dude!
mttourpro wrote: G F-E-D (walks down to Am)
You’re right beside me but I, I can’t get through
Okay, wild! I hear an interaction here with the
G > Em > Em7
Which follows somewhat similarly to your Am walk and D resolution.

Hmm, gonna be a fun night tonight!

Thanks!

#47087  by mttourpro

Yeh SS, I checked it out pretty thoroughly. I think it simply alternates bewteen the Emin (first half of verse)

and the G (second half of verse).

In either case it does that little walk (fed) before the next chord.

ironically, we also have rehersal tonight and I'm hoping we give it a try as well.

I cannot believe I had it wrong---especially the Gminor chord--for so long though.

Then again, wasn't the first time and won't be the last that I later learn I was playing something wrong for a quite a while....part of the beauty that is GD music.

:smile:

#47088  by strumminsix

Oh, I'm not doubting you at all. I just thought it was funny that we heard similar things and found different chords.

I knew my ears were not 100% on that song so thank you!

#47094  by mttourpro

You're more than welcome---thanks for everybody's input into this thread.

:smile:

#47120  by Tennessee Jedi

So - did you guys try it last night ?
:cool:

#47129  by pappypgh

We tried it. Not too bad for the first time through. We will continue to work on it, that's fo sho.

:cool:

#47143  by Pete B.

Thanks for the info in this thread.
'Been jammin' on this one for the first time last night and this morning.
Lots of good listens on Archive, too.
Cool,
Pete B.

#47233  by old man down

From the album version of LL>>Sup, right at the change between the two songs and just before the bass lines, I have had good success with the ending chord of LL using:

e|0
B|0
G|0
D|2
A|3
E|3

For what it is worth.

#47234  by old man down

From the album version of LL>>Sup, right at the change between the two songs and just before the bass lines, I have had good success with the ending chord of LL using:

e|0
B|0
G|0
D|2
A|3
E|3

For what it is worth.