name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #98276  by celticguitar666

:smile: I found this group the other day and it looks like it's all here. I have been playing on and off for years but never got really accomplished just noodled, played, recorded my own stuff and other peoples stuff here in my small basement studio. I have built a few instruments like Violins, dulcimers, Irish Bouzouki and a Saga Les Paul and I do a little repair work I just reset the neck on my 76 Lark acoustic martin knock off and it sounds great for a 35 yo plus. I have a lot of instruments on hand acoustic as well as electric. I was never a big Dead fan when I was young, I am 55 now soon to be 56 and all of a sudden I am listening liking and trying to play the Dead acoustic as well as electric who knew? I am trying to learn a few of their simpler tunes like Ripple, Box of Rain. Well that's it :cool:
Cheers
Dwight
 #98285  by jester536

I'm glad somebody chimed in that Box wasn't simple...I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me...and yes I realize that I've set myself up for ration of snide comments there.
 #98286  by strumminsix

jester536 wrote:I'm glad somebody chimed in that Box wasn't simple...I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me...and yes I realize that I've set myself up for ration of snide comments there.
:cheers: the chords are all open so that helps and they change at an even pace so good too. But with each ending being different and a great intro riff and a unique feel it's not easy at all, IMO.
 #98299  by jdsmodulus

Welcome to the forum! I agree and would say about BOR that from a performance stand point, the JG part is quite hard to nail smoothly. A campfire arangement may be what would be considered simpler but electric with a band...not so much!
 #98301  by celticguitar666

well I am going back and forth between the electric and acoustic the C chord change is the part that gives the most problem . I like the rhythm and swing of the song.
Dwight :smile:
 #99657  by gr8fulbluz

Cheer-i-o to you.
I have been thinking about building/getting an Irish Bouzouki, or something, i want a different stringed instrument to mess with for fun maybe a mandolin, i dunno.

and welcome aboard have a good time and here is a Garcia and Grisman blast from the past for ya ;)
enjoy.