rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#99085  by jdsmodulus
 Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:52 pm
Im thinking something like that for sure!!!!! That is what Im talking about. Im just going to start with an Ibanez!
 #99592  by jdsmodulus
 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:36 am
After playing the 2680 for a few days with the band I have decided...only add a single coil. I did move the strap button from the upper horn to the center of the back using new black Shaller locking. This guitar is heavy and beautiful it is 9 out of 10. That being said, it is NOT a vine or even the model I thought it was. I bought it sight unseen. The bridge is the same as my Musician and the tailpiece (cloud) is not as far back as I thought it would be. Flying butterfly pups are very nice and the pots are clean and smooth. I thought that with the Abalone dots it would have the matching binding and the white binding around the headstock it doesn't it is a flat black headstock and just a black outline around the body with a carved top. I really like it the way it is but a single coil will be added. I am now going to hunt for a Vine with all the trimmings! Ibanez guitars just simple ROCK! :hail:
 #99619  by waldo041
 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:44 am
placing the middle pickup closer to the bridge pickup also, in a big way, increases volume when BOTH of those pickups are used together. a position bob may have used as well?

peace,
waldo
 #99632  by jdsmodulus
 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:51 am
alcorelectric wrote:Sounds like a later 2618 or early ar100
T
it is for sure a 1977 Ibanez 2680