#90046  by direwolf1989

What is the deal with that little cab on top of the Eden cabs(the one with the obama sticker), a 12"? Even better yet, what it that knob on the grill on that little cab? here is a pic Image
 #90052  by tigerstrat

It's gotta be lead guitar fill.
 #90054  by czyfingers

Even better yet....what's with the $149 digitech pedal to the left of the obama cab? I've been wondering that for some time. It's always there.
 #90073  by czyfingers

it's definitely a Digitech pedal of some sort. It looks like it's from the same family as the RP100 guitar multi-effects type I bought about 12 yrs ago for $99. It also has an expression pedal built in, which obviously doesn't get used since its 6 feet off the ground. Just cant imagine what he uses it for, but it's always there, propped upright, with 2 cables plugged in to it. It doesn't blend well with the $12,000 bass. :)
 #90886  by JamminJommy

I know a lot of Phils rigs over the years has gone through Peter Miller at CAE. That cab would be something he built. As for the digitech, there's a youtube video of him at a NAMM show playing with it. I'll try to dig it up.
 #90895  by jdsmodulus

+1 on the youtube vid. I saw that awhile back and he is using that pedal just like we would. Crazy to think about all of the gear he owns or has access to and he went with a cheapo! Makes no sense, it must just sound good.
 #90902  by Stevo123

I have a little digitech unit that, might even be the same one. Bought it a while ago when I started playing electric and then it sat in a closet for 3 years or so. Recently I brought it back out and found it had a couple nice features on it that are very useable. There's a single coil emulator that cleans up my humbuckers very nicely (might just be a high-pass filter) and the compression is pretty solid (much more transparent than my boss cs-3).
 #90904  by strumminsix

Like Stevo, I had a cheapy digitech that I used and liked and found super easy.

Oddly, there is 1 sound that was on it that I miss to this day.

If I played on a big stage and had a road crew I would put it in a dedicated loop for that 1 effect alone.
 #99270  by Phil Lesh101

The pedal on the top left is/ must be an effect loop,Phil Enstructs the Space jams, So im sure he has some tricks up his sleve. but the speacker is most deffinetally not a Monitor, for the gril is facing phil. Do i know what it is. No, im not phil, But ill try to ask him July 19, at SPAC
 #99938  by jefkahn

I'm wondering how many of those 10" speakers get miked for the PA. He's running 16 10s, and I assume he's not doing a direct out or anything. Think all four cabs are even connected, or might some be spares?