#99089  by hippieguy1954

I have searched this topic and havn't seen it. Maybe I'm missing it somehow? I don't know. I've seen some lists that conflict with other lists as far as the order goes. I've tried it many different way and always come back to this. Here is how I do it. Basics..Guitar>effects loop etc.>envelope filter>octave divider>od>phase>delay>. What do ya think?
 #99090  by schmidtz

I never use the effect loop on an amp. My Mesa has one, and it ruins the Qtron.

That said, I have heard placing the octave divider before the mutron is better. Something about the buffer.

After that, I put my OD(s), GE-7(helps me shape the od), phaser, delay.

I read somewhere that all modulation effects should be placed near the end (with the notable exception of mutron, because it really likes the front end).
 #99093  by strumminsix

That's exactly how I'd wire up those effects. To me, that order is a recipe for good tone and stacking of effects!!
 #99096  by schmidtz

I have messed around with the phaser being before the OD, but I like how the OD "hits" the phaser harder, producing a greater effect.

And Strummin, did you mean me or Hippie?
 #99100  by hippieguy1954

Thanks for the replies, guys! Much appreciated. I thought I had it right or close. Sometimes I like the octav before the envelope too, but then the od>phase>delay. I use the internal preamp/buffer and then an external looper/true bypass box I built to take the pedal board out when not using effects (which is most of the time). Oh, and by the way, I bought that SMS classic off Craigs list (having it sent to Brad for the Jerry mod), and am trying to decide between MC2100 or Rockrton300. Decisions, decisions! Thanks again...you guys are great! Peace, Jim
 #99115  by tcsned

hippieguy1954 wrote:Thanks for the replies, guys! Much appreciated. I thought I had it right or close. Sometimes I like the octav before the envelope too, but then the od>phase>delay. I use the internal preamp/buffer and then an external looper/true bypass box I built to take the pedal board out when not using effects (which is most of the time). Oh, and by the way, I bought that SMS classic off Craigs list (having it sent to Brad for the Jerry mod), and am trying to decide between MC2100 or Rockrton300. Decisions, decisions! Thanks again...you guys are great! Peace, Jim
Of course the MC2100 would be an excellent choice but if you're considering the Rocktron especially because it's cheaper, I'd think about a Mosvalve. I got a MV962 mostly as an emergency backup but I'm gonna give it a shot at my gig tomorrow night. It sounded great cranked up in the basement. I got it for $175. If you're want to go with a tube option the Mesa 50/50 is a good choice. I'm looking for one to sell cheap on eBay for a while - SO DON'T OUTBID ME!! :lol: I've been using the power section from my Mark III and it sounds great with the SMS too.
 #99119  by jkstraw

hippieguy1954 wrote:trying to decide between MC2100 or Rockrton300. Decisions, decisions! Thanks again...you guys are great! Peace, Jim
Hehe - sound like you and I might end up with pretty similar rigs :-) I have a MC 2105 which stays in my jam space/studio for the most part (pretty heavy) and the Rocktron Velocity 300 in a portable rack for when I play out. So grab both! :lol: Seriously (actually I was being serious) - if I was only grabbing one I would pickup the MC2100. The only thing that would change my mind is if I was having to lug it around a lot. In that case......Axe FX!
 #99137  by hippieguy1954

jkstraw wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:trying to decide between MC2100 or Rockrton300. Decisions, decisions! Thanks again...you guys are great! Peace, Jim
Hehe - sound like you and I might end up with pretty similar rigs :-) I have a MC 2105 which stays in my jam space/studio for the most part (pretty heavy) and the Rocktron Velocity 300 in a portable rack for when I play out. So grab both! :lol: Seriously (actually I was being serious) - if I was only grabbing one I would pickup the MC2100. The only thing that would change my mind is if I was having to lug it around a lot. In that case......Axe FX!
That's exactly the decision I'm makeing. I will have to portable at times, and I'm not gettin any younger (physically that is). So, I've been luggin this twin with E 120"s and my cab with 2 E 120's for a long time and now that I'm goin with a small rack I sure would like it to be light and not have to lug a MC. I'll probably settle for the Rocktron and save my back, knees, wrists, shorlders etc. for playin lol.