Talk about the recent Tours
 #98733  by czyfingers

For anyone who missed the first performance there...it was amazing. Don't miss this one. The first one was free, but @ $19.95 I don't think you can go wrong. With the pc connected to the tv and a good sound system, it's like being there, but on the stage. I applaud Bob for bringing us such a wonderful way to enjoy this music we love in such an intimate way.
 #98971  by Cmnaround

I'm in.

Any suggestions on how to watch on my big tv? Last TRI event w Bobby and friends looked great on my iPhone but kinda small - how can I stream HD on my HDTV?

I have a VGA cable or whatever the multi pin plug is called that I can run from my laptop into the LCD TV - but that doesnt look like HD quality - is that the main way - or can I get the HD stream if I go through nintendo wii or other net interface?

Thanks!
 #99016  by Cmnaround

Wow thanks - those instructions are perfect - although I need a adapter - der - well gives me something to add to my list of things to get - looks like it will be a combination of HD mini scale on the iPhone and whatever I can get on the big screen.

Lookin forward to a rockin Tuesday night -
 #99022  by jkstraw

2hr 33min

Playin' in the band > Crazy Fingers
Jack Straw
Brown Eyed Women
Big Bad Blues > jam > The Wheel
Unbroken Chain > jam > The Other One
Uncle John's Band
Terrapin > At A Sliding > Terrapin
Black Peter
The Mountain Song
I Know You Rider

Loved every minute!
 #99027  by Stevo123

Made a whole event out of it! Ran my comp through a big TV, hooked up some nice speakers, had some friends over, and jammed out! $20 is a little pricey imo, but it was awesome to have a live show delivered right to my living room, so I think it was worth it.
 #99031  by jkstraw

Yup - well worth it for me. Multiple chills throughout the show - would pay again without hesitation.

One curious thing I noticed - the IEM were in full swing. I guess the experiment continues - in the pre-recorded intro it sounded like Phil and Bobby were really in to getting rid of them (which had me really hopeful) - dynamics were still spectacular though.
 #99032  by jdsmodulus

This is a great idea IMHO. I would pay 20 bucks anytime they want to do this again. Unfortunatly even though I knew about this long ago I did not realize it was a PPV event and in the end I had no time to get ready for it and purchase! Missed it but that wont happen again!
 #99033  by Cmnaround

Yeah I noticed that too with the ear monitors and floor wedges - I'm guessing it's just that old habits are hard to break and Phil and drummer dude were hesitant to just go for it without the monitors in place. I bet if they played there like 10 times they would get used to it. That being said they played really well for being in such a different venue for the first time, sans the rehersal time - playing without an audience on a huge stage has to be a totally different feel.

Looking forward to announcement today - maybe they will give us access to the clips from last night for like a month or so - that would so rock!
 #99062  by czyfingers

It was awsome.....once I got in. I had the video up right before they started and about half way through playin I lost the feed and it took about 40 minutes to get back in. For a while, the tri page would not even open. After that, I did lose the video feed a couple times, but was able to refresh and get it back quickly. Just wondering if any of you had the same problem. I did see on the facebook/twitter chat beside the video screen that lots of people were having the same troubles.
Once I got in, everyone was happy, but I have to say that I was very frustrated and pissed during the time I couldn't get it going. I was about ready to give up.
Aside from the bugs, I love the concept and hope they keep it coming.
 #99067  by Cmnaround

It was seamless - no issues at all - although I purchased on Monday so maybe that helped - and opened the stream at 8:40pm EST. A quick trip to radio shack and 62 bucks later I had the iPhone AV digital adapter and HDMI cable - right into the digital reciever that split the video to the LCD bigscreen and audio the my stereo speakers and subwoofer - nice - sounded fantastico. I am surprised to be reading about all the technical issues everyone had - but it can only go up from here!