Talk about the recent Tours
 #99003  by Pete B.

jester536 wrote:It's been forever since I've driven it...Montana to Jersey...and Colorado to Jersey. Grueling drives...no matter how you slice it there is one great big chunk of nothing out there. The drive will really take it out of you. Listen to David Bromberg's New Lee Highway Blues...sums it up..."eatin' carbonated crap and churning up inside...with nowhere to go from here but up or down that road...and nothin' over there but the same goddamn town"...great tune...tough drive.
Good Luck!
Where in Jersey are you from?
I'm from Cranford (class of '81), but lived in Red Lodge MT from 81-89.
I've done the drive from MT to NJ. Try Seattle to Vermont thru Sault Sainte Marie sometime. :shock:
'Been playing NLHB since Jr High. :cool:
 #99023  by myoung6923

vwjodyme wrote:I haven't been to red rocks in around 15 yrs and never officially got in so i am thinking this is my chance.
two questions:
1. Anyone have any info on hotels or camping? i dont remember much there except a little strip of town, and most trip sites take you back into denver.

2. Anyone ever make the drive from the northeast? how long did it take and is it scenic at all? i don't think i've ever taken I-80, but the times i did 70 i remember thinking kansas would never end...just long and flat forever.
There used to be camping just up the road from there but it sells out quick. Look up Chief Hosa Lodge. Not sure if it's still open. If not there is plenty more within a short drive.

Boston to Denver takes about 20 hours if you pretty much go non stop. And no -it's really not that scenic until you hilt the Rockies.
 #99024  by playingdead

jester536 wrote:It's been forever since I've driven it...Montana to Jersey...and Colorado to Jersey. Grueling drives...no matter how you slice it there is one great big chunk of nothing out there. The drive will really take it out of you. Listen to David Bromberg's New Lee Highway Blues...sums it up..."eatin' carbonated crap and churning up inside...with nowhere to go from here but up or down that road...and nothin' over there but the same goddamn town"...great tune...tough drive.
Good Luck!
Another sour coffee cup ... one more piece of cardboard pie ...

LOL
 #99025  by strumminsix

playingdead wrote:
Good Luck!
Another sour coffee cup ... one more piece of cardboard pie ...

LOL
Carbonated crap
 #99034  by jdsmodulus

myoung6923 wrote:
vwjodyme wrote:I haven't been to red rocks in around 15 yrs and never officially got in so i am thinking this is my chance.
two questions:
1. Anyone have any info on hotels or camping? i dont remember much there except a little strip of town, and most trip sites take you back into denver.

2. Anyone ever make the drive from the northeast? how long did it take and is it scenic at all? i don't think i've ever taken I-80, but the times i did 70 i remember thinking kansas would never end...just long and flat forever.
There used to be camping just up the road from there but it sells out quick. Look up Chief Hosa Lodge. Not sure if it's still open. If not there is plenty more within a short drive.

Boston to Denver takes about 20 hours if you pretty much go non stop. And no -it's really not that scenic until you hilt the Rockies.
Chief Dosa is still there and doing well! It is however Wook Central so bare that in mind if you have kiddies and such! 2 cents
 #99040  by vwjodyme

jdsmodulus wrote:
myoung6923 wrote:
two questions:

Chief Dosa is still there and doing well! It is however Wook Central so bare that in mind if you have kiddies and such! 2 cents
:lol: yeah their website is bolded lettering saying No Concert Camping...wonder how that will hold up

bringing the GF...she's cool with a few of my wook friends but i don't think she'd hold up surrounded by 100's - tho many moons ago i would have been right at home camping with wooks (i was one for many years) I am starting to think that time has passed for me too:cry:

I am finding some cabins and hotels that will be right up her alley
Thanks for the info
 #99122  by vwjodyme

Not sure how it happenen but I have been cleared for the rest of the tour starting at red rocks :cool:
The only catch is only one show per venue so the other time can be spent with her friends/family (brothers in boulder and SF, and friends in LA)....I'll take it! :hail:
 #99129  by jdsmodulus

When it gets closer lets chat and I will see you there. Im on from Eugene to Vegas.
 #99135  by vwjodyme

greek pre-sale just started through the greek website/ ticketmaster for those who didn't get thru furthur
 #99136  by vwjodyme

anyone happen to have the Joint's (vegas) presale password?
 #103705  by stella_blue34

Hello folks! I'm going to see Furthur in Eugene this weekend (yeah!) and I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea about how long their shows have been running lately? I know they're posting the setlists on their site, but considering who we're talking about here, the number of songs in a show doesn't really tell me how long that is, time-wise. ;) Thanks in advance!
 #103715  by NWPines

The Cuthbert Ampitheater has a pretty strict noise ordinance because of its location, so shows typically have to be over by 11pm.

Have fun at the shows! I can't wait!!
 #103722  by Pete B.

Hey I'll be headed down for the Eugene shows this weekend.
I'm still planning to bring the ol' bedroom rig or an acoustic.
Give a ring if anyone wants to meet up.
Pete
503-621-8209
 #103723  by hotasaPistol

Hey Now,
I am going to both nights at the Greek in LA and both nights at Monterrey.......any one else ?????????????

:smile: :smile: :smile:
George
 #103733  by stella_blue34

NWPines-- thanks! I didn't even think about that. :P I'm excited! I'm going Saturday. whee!