lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #98834  by jdsmodulus

HAHA Vic the Fractal is out of the bag (o tricks)
I am thinking I will head out to this it sounds fun and since the Boston trip was scratched this seems to be the proper replacement! Hopefully we can get some Wand straps out of this!
 #98839  by hard truckers co

Big news!! Now confirmed at the Dead Gear Expo.... Resurrection Guitars. Resurrection Guitars has been a leading guitar maker in the Dead Gear world for over two decades creating some of the most incredible Garcia inspired guitars. Come join Pat and the Resurrection crew at the Dead Gear Expo. Welcome guys. 
 #98850  by jahozer

aw man...
I wish this wasnt on the same weekend of our festival...
www.honeyfest.org

Have fun guys. Wish I could do both.
 #98851  by Laytonco

Hey folks,
I am seriously thinking of making the trek from Colorado for this one. Looks like a close jaunt from Newark airport. Is Teaneck pretty much loaded with basic Motel 6 type hotels? Could I take public transport from the airport up?

Peace,

Gil
 #98860  by zambiland

There needs to be a Colorado version. It's right in the middle for everyone and I'm sure that Jay Bianchi at Quixotes would host it. Anyone in the area want to peep the venue, I'll be there all weekend.
 #98862  by hard truckers co

Newark airport is about 20 minutes from the venue and there is a good bit of transportation available. We are working on getting a discounted rate with a local hotel with a shuttle to and from the venue for everyone to stay at. Stay tuned....

On another note Gil please do come on out it will be great to hang with you. That goes for everyone on the board. It will really be great to put names and actual faces together. I can't say it enough, this is going to be big!!

Capacity is limited so please get in touch for a ticket request form if you plan on attending. Email me directly at hardtruckersco at aol.com

Confirmed manufacturers so far; the Hard Truckers, Louis Electric, Moriarty Guitars, Sarno Music Solutions, Telefunken and Ressurrection Guitars. Additional manufacturers will be confirmed shortly. Stay tuned!

Glenn
 #98868  by jester536

How exciting is this?...I grew up in Jersey and can still remember the godawful heat and humidity that was August in the Garden State...let alone my misgivings about a town like Teaneck...I now live in Montana where August is filled with sunshine and dry days that last forever and you're surrounded by rivers with the best flyfishing in the world...knowing all this...I'm seriously considering a trip to Jersey in August. Therein lies a perfect description of the level of my dimentia.
 #98892  by hard truckers co

The dead gear expo is looking for a headliner to play Sunday night aug 20th at the expo. If you are interested in playing drop us an email at deadgearexpo at gmail.com. Please enclose links so we can hear your music. The selection committee
Will then go over all the submissions and choose.

Time is of the essence do if you are interested. Get in touch.
Peace
Glenn
 #98924  by Capt Rosebuddy

I'm kind of picturing a comic-con kind of situation only every one is wearing Black T Shirts...sounds cool.

Any chance of a clinc on playing Garcia style guitar?
 #98925  by Tennessee Jedi

Capt Rosebuddy wrote:I'm kind of picturing a comic-con kind of situation only every one is wearing Black T Shirts...sounds cool.
..... but with a Skunky smell on the convention floor !
:-)
Capt Rosebuddy wrote:
Any chance of a clinc on playing Garcia style guitar?
GREAT IDEA !!!!!!
Dag I would love some lessons from a pro
:!: :!: :!:
 #98965  by SarnoMusicSolutions

This should be quite the killer event. I'm so glad Glenn at Hard Truckers took the initiative to really make it happen. Unfortunately for us at SMS (my wife and I), it now looks like we won't be able to be there as we had hoped and planned. A conflict of obligations has made it virtually impossible to pull it off this year. But next year, we'll surely do our best to be deep in it. Sounds like our kind of fun indeed. But I am hoping to make sure that there are some SMS Classic preamps floating around so that anyone and everyone curious can get a chance to play with or at least hear one while there. I encourage everyone who can make it to do so and really help take part in building what hopefully will become a long-lived, annual ritual of unsurpassed guitar and Dead gear loving fun. I'll miss getting to put faces to all the many names.

Enjoy!

Brad

www.sarnomusicsolutions.com