Chat about Equipment Info
 #98033  by Mandoborg

Hey now, i've seen a lot of people post pictures of there guitar rigs on here, so i thought i'd post a picture of my guitar set-up . I play a lot more non-Dead than Dead stuff so it's not a 'clone' of his rig .......or trying to be for that matter.

I play a Tiger i made, a stop-tail PRS custom 22, and a Hombrew Strat.

Homemade Leslie from scavanged parts........
1964 Super Reverb. Bone Stock and like new............ this is my baby !!!!

The large white pedal is the speed control for the Leslie, and an on/off switch for a an EP-3 Echoplex...... wich makes a racket so it's actually not in the chain at this second.

The pedalboard is: Right < Left

Loop box >
Zendrive >
MXR Carbon Copy (sometimes the echoplex instead) >
Homemade Phoenix Phaze >
Q-Tron >
Loop return

#98034  by tcsned

Nice rig! I love those Super Revebs, I'm a big fan of the 4x10 sound (I'm assuming it's a4x10). What kind of stuff do you play?
 #98364  by Mandoborg

Indeed it is a 4x10 and it's a thing of beauty for sure !! This was one of those rare ' yard sale' amps i picked up for $300 back in the mid 80's and have never bought another amp since !!
Keir, i don't have any really good pics of this guitar, but i'll post what i have.......... one day i'll take some nice ones as i'm toying with the idea of selling this one... I play mostly Southern/roots rock and this guitar is too delicate and has too much going on for me. I just built it so i could say i did it, not too mention i've always admired Tiger .

Last edited by Mandoborg on Thu May 19, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #98400  by bdhact1

Mandoborg wrote:I beleive i've posted these pictures before, but can't seem to find them so again, sorry for the repeat.........Image

What is the voltage rating for the .1uf input capacitor on that CB1 buffer ?
 #98500  by Mandoborg

What is the voltage rating for the .1uf input capacitor on that CB1 buffer ?[/quote]

To be honest i have no clue !!! I'm a woodworker and definetly NOT an electronics guy ! In fact, i had to wire this guitar 3 times before getting it right !! I will say this, if i had to do it over again, i'd go with Waldos buffer in a heartbeat. In fact, one of his will be going in my next guitar for sure.

Brad, thank you for the kind words........... that means a lot coming from you !!!!

Jim
 #98520  by bdhact1

Mandoborg wrote:What is the voltage rating for the .1uf input capacitor on that CB1 buffer ?

To be honest i have no clue !!! I'm a woodworker and definetly NOT an electronics guy ! In fact, i had to wire this guitar 3 times before getting it right !! I will say this, if i had to do it over again, i'd go with Waldos buffer in a heartbeat. In fact, one of his will be going in my next guitar for sure.

Waldo's buffer is an excellent choice.

(That's what she said.....)
 #98529  by bdhact1

JonnyBoy wrote:I think Waldo had a schematic on his site of the CB1. I think he posted it in a thread a few months back too!!

I have Waldo's schematic but the voltages for C1 and C2 aren't listed, I noticed you had a CB1, so I thought I'd ask.