name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #98342  by *Lone*Trout*

Hello,
I am new to the group and was excited to find this forum. I have been playing guitar for about 30 years (self taught with all the limitations that go along with that) and was looking for scales to jam over Franklin's Tower. I think this is gonna be an amazing resource. I own an Ovation acoustic, an Austin Fender knockoff, and a Korean Classical guitar, as well as a 5 string Banjo. Have loved the dead forever and keep them alive in my heart through playing at least one Dead tune a day when I sit down to practice. Look forward to contributing when I can and learning all I can as well.
*L*T*
 #98343  by tcsned

*Lone*Trout* wrote:Hello,
I am new to the group and was excited to find this forum. I have been playing guitar for about 30 years (self taught with all the limitations that go along with that) and was looking for scales to jam over Franklin's Tower. I think this is gonna be an amazing resource. I own an Ovation acoustic, an Austin Fender knockoff, and a Korean Classical guitar, as well as a 5 string Banjo. Have loved the dead forever and keep them alive in my heart through playing at least one Dead tune a day when I sit down to practice. Look forward to contributing when I can and learning all I can as well.
*L*T*
Welcome LT - where do you hail from? This is indeed a great resource - enjoy!!
 #98344  by *Lone*Trout*

Columbia, Missouri by way of Breckenridge, Colorado, originally from Philadelphia, PA. Have lived in Mid-MO for most of my adult life. Great music scene here in Columbia (being a college town), get to see a lot of amazing bands throughout the year. Hope someday to be in an amazing band. Practice, practice, practice. :-)
 #98346  by tcsned

Right on, Mark Twain country or thereabouts! My favorite American author. There's a couple Missourians on this post. My favorite Civil War professor from VT was born in Hannibal and oddly enough, went to high school with Jerry Garcia in California.
 #99594  by JonnyBoy

Welcome. A great place to learn. You can actually spend years looking through the archives of posts here... Good luck!