rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #98280  by JonnyBoy
 Tue May 17, 2011 7:19 am
Sweet! I know it sounds great outside opened up. We played outdoors May 5th and I barely had to mic my cab, I just got loud. It is amazing the power these 100watt mac + SMS rigs have. I wish I could have been there... I see the comp in there, what have you been trying with that? I have been messing with mine lately, trying to find some more positive uses for it. I like a slight compression when mixing the Qtron with the Octave stuff...You gotta be careful though. Also, you can get some good NON Jerry Qtron stuff going on with some compression too. I use it most in my OD for slow raunchy blues sustain If I am feeling like it. I guess the point is I could live without it if I had to.... Sweet rig though, also you ditched the metal on the front of the effects!
 #98293  by tapestry
 Tue May 17, 2011 11:49 am
Mike, I always will take a hand when offered, but I can take care of moving it all by myself! I dont mind because it is so worth the heft to play through something like this!

Jonny, just to clarify, no sms in my rig yet: Guitar > 67 BF twin modded > Mcintosh 2100 1 side > Jbl e-120 x2

I have decided to keep the twin instead of getting the sms because it has its own "character" that I really like and would miss.

The comp was there to try again as I used to like using it for added sustain, but I took it out. Now that I have the Mcintosh, I do not need the comp at all! When the OD is on and my tone is rolled all the way back on my guit >>>>>> WOW the magic happens. Ill try to get a good audio of it sometime. its amazing. Im going to try to record the next fest we play at next Sunday and see what I can get. I wish there was an easy way to get a SB recording into the flip cam.

Got a tip from Tracey and ordered the moogerfooger rack mount for their pedals and got rid of the metal grate!
 #98294  by tcsned
 Tue May 17, 2011 11:55 am
tapestry wrote:I wish there was an easy way to get a SB recording into the flip cam.
If you're a PC user you can use Windows Movie Maker or iMovie if you're a Mac user. It takes a little bit of work to sync audio to video but you can combine the tracks or replace the original.

Sweet rig! I'd love to hear how it sounds.