#98196  by schmidtz

I put a really low max bid on a McIntosh MC250. Ended up winning the thing.
The only problem is that the power cord is cut, but I should be able to just solder a new one in there, right?
I guess now I don't have to worry about my Twin being Ultralinear, as the crappy power section is no longer used!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

$305 is a good price, right?
 #98199  by ChiroVette

Congratulations!

Even if the amp has other problems that you are not aware of, it is probably still a great deal. Are you planning on using it as your power-amp in a typical Jerry setup?
 #98212  by JonnyBoy

Damn Skippy! That was a great deal!! As long as it works and If the cord is the only problem, that is a smokin deal. I would buy a new 3 prong cord for the bad boy, and set it up proper. Not a bad fix at all. I would be unsatisfied with my guitar tone without my Macintosh. That is the bottom line for me. The Mc250 has and still is plenty of power for most giging situations.
 #98223  by schmidtz

I'm fairly excited.

I do plan on using it as a power amp, but I do have a question to go with it.
It seems like the Mac accepts RCA input, but all of the preamp mods suggest a 1/4" output. Wouldn't it be easier to just wire the output through my Vibrato pedal jack?

Then I assume I will only plug in the Reverb jack, and the Vibrato will be useless unless I open it up and remove the jumper cable.

Also, when I get it, and then get my modded Twin back, is there anyone in the Twin Cities looking to jam?
 #98224  by JonnyBoy

That is a good question, and yes an RCA output is fine for an output on a Preamp to an amp. I think its about compatibility with other gear is the issue. But I agree straight RCA cords are easier to find. Its a fine idea..., unless you plan to use it with other equipment Then you have to buy one that is 1/4 to RCA to use it so its a null point in that case. I wouldn't remove the amp RCA unless you plan on never selling it...