#97731  by vwjodyme
 Tue May 03, 2011 9:43 am
mail order and faxing info is's double what i just paid for Furthur tix :shock:
 #97732  by phpbb
 Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 am
I'll be at the Folks Festival.
 #97735  by FretfulDave
 Tue May 03, 2011 11:40 am
I'm gonna try the Internet show from TRI Studios on "Triday the 13th". It says it is free. Bob Weir and Friends.
Interesting date to try the new technology, Bob :shock:

Anyway, with any luck I'll be streaming the show from TRI to my PC @ 10pm EDT.

A link to the info: ... -next-week

#97738  by KCJones
 Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 pm
Hope I don't start a riot here .... But IMHO , Bobby solo just does't sound appealing. Sure he's a decent rhythm guitarist and vocalist, but solo, to me, would be down right boring. Unless your a Bobby study, his solo guitar may not be interesting enough to carry a whole acoustic show. He's no Leo Kotke or even a Bruce Cockburn guitar-wise who could keep it interesting. He should at least bring Wasserman out with him.
 #97740  by KCJones
 Tue May 03, 2011 12:52 pm
Tennessee Jedi wrote:The show’s lineup is listed as Bob Weir & Friends.
Aaahhh! Now weir're talkin' That makes thing interesting!
 #97746  by vwjodyme
 Tue May 03, 2011 2:13 pm
I think it will be great to see if it's anything like the Black Throated Wind he posted on TRI :cool:

already excited :cheers:
 #97750  by NashvilleMike
 Tue May 03, 2011 5:13 pm
I saw him acoustic with Rob Wasserman on stand up bass in 89. Pine street theater in Portland. It was way fun, but I'm easy. See you in Knoxville.
 #97752  by Cmnaround
 Tue May 03, 2011 6:56 pm
Bobby rocks solo - I heard an ashes and glass and a jack straw on Sirius recently that sounded like Bobby playing at Sirius - or someplace w a real intimate aud - really nice arrangements w respect to how he structures the rythym and chord progressions of the tune playing while solo. I would love the opportunity to catch one of the acoustic shows this summer and totally looking forward to the TRIcast.
 #97762  by Emoto
 Wed May 04, 2011 5:02 am
I caught a live show of the original Kingfish in 1976 and that was a freaking hot show. A really great band.

Also caught Bobby and his band on the tour supporting Heaven Help the Fool in '78. It was a good show, but nothing to write home about.

Solo? No thanks. YMMV.
 #97763  by jester536
 Wed May 04, 2011 5:25 am
Kingfish in '76 would have been something to see. That band was incredible. The King Biscuit Flower Hour release of their show is fantastic. The Lazy Lightning/Supplication is as funky as it ever gets. As for seeing Bobby solo...I'm sure I'd enjoy it...I really enjoy his rhythmic approach and phrasing of tunes...and I really doubt he'd get lost in the mix.
 #97764  by strumminsix
 Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 am
I love his solo acoustic stuff. But cannot see spending that kind I'd dough and doubt it'll still wow me at the end of the second set.