Talk about the recent Tours
 #97731  by vwjodyme

mail order and faxing info is up...it's double what i just paid for Furthur tix :shock:
 #97732  by phpbb

I'll be at the Folks Festival.
 #97735  by FretfulDave

I'm gonna try the Internet show from TRI Studios on "Triday the 13th". It says it is free. Bob Weir and Friends.
Interesting date to try the new technology, Bob :shock:

Anyway, with any luck I'll be streaming the show from TRI to my PC @ 10pm EDT.

A link to the jambands.com info:

http://www.jambands.com/news/2011/05/03 ... -next-week

Peace,

Dave
 #97738  by KCJones

Hope I don't start a riot here .... But IMHO , Bobby solo just does't sound appealing. Sure he's a decent rhythm guitarist and vocalist, but solo, to me, would be down right boring. Unless your a Bobby study, his solo guitar may not be interesting enough to carry a whole acoustic show. He's no Leo Kotke or even a Bruce Cockburn guitar-wise who could keep it interesting. He should at least bring Wasserman out with him.
 #97740  by KCJones

Tennessee Jedi wrote:The show’s lineup is listed as Bob Weir & Friends.
:smile:
Aaahhh! Now weir're talkin' That makes thing interesting!
 #97746  by vwjodyme

I think it will be great to see if it's anything like the Black Throated Wind he posted on TRI :cool:

already excited :cheers:
 #97750  by NashvilleMike

I saw him acoustic with Rob Wasserman on stand up bass in 89. Pine street theater in Portland. It was way fun, but I'm easy. See you in Knoxville.
 #97752  by Cmnaround

Bobby rocks solo - I heard an ashes and glass and a jack straw on Sirius recently that sounded like Bobby playing at Sirius - or someplace w a real intimate aud - really nice arrangements w respect to how he structures the rythym and chord progressions of the tune playing while solo. I would love the opportunity to catch one of the acoustic shows this summer and totally looking forward to the TRIcast.
 #97762  by Emoto

I caught a live show of the original Kingfish in 1976 and that was a freaking hot show. A really great band.

Also caught Bobby and his band on the tour supporting Heaven Help the Fool in '78. It was a good show, but nothing to write home about.

Solo? No thanks. YMMV.
 #97763  by jester536

Kingfish in '76 would have been something to see. That band was incredible. The King Biscuit Flower Hour release of their show is fantastic. The Lazy Lightning/Supplication is as funky as it ever gets. As for seeing Bobby solo...I'm sure I'd enjoy it...I really enjoy his rhythmic approach and phrasing of tunes...and I really doubt he'd get lost in the mix.
 #97764  by strumminsix

I love his solo acoustic stuff. But cannot see spending that kind I'd dough and doubt it'll still wow me at the end of the second set.