#96357  by RiverRat

Before:

A "modded" Silverface Twin??? The differences between before and after are too numerous to list, I came up with almost 2 pages of notes on the changes. Not only were a lot of the mods incorrect, the overall quality of the work was suspect. It was not a clean mod job at all.

After:

Nearly every one of the Healey Modz were done to her, except MilSpec pots. Waiting on 220K metal films for the Phase Inverter. All the mods were done with Cornell/Dale/Vishay/Sprague parts, except the oddball NTE 470R on the rectifier board.

Welcome to the Jerry Zone! Fire her up with just the middle pickup, the tone rolled back and the Blaster on.. She just BEGS for you to conjure Jerry. The test run was with a David Eden 1x10, she's sweet and chimy when you back off her and she growls when you lean into her. The notes just EXPLODE out of her when you slam her hard.
 #96359  by JonnyBoy

Holy shit Rat! :shock: You offering this one up for sale, or is this your baby?
 #96365  by RiverRat

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I'm hoping it's the one that I think it is. 8)
It is... I think someone is going to be a very happy camper! Just got to pick up a couple tubes, replace the resistors in the phase inverter and it's complete.
 #96549  by RiverRat

I should mention that this amp incorporates a few mods that have not been published on Waldo's mods page. Hopefully Waldo will have the revised layout and preamp tap schematics posted soon, so that everyone can see what they are.

EDITED!!!!
Last edited by RiverRat on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #96556  by JonnyBoy

Sweet Rat! Thanks for posting, some of these are helpful. When you say using the power section do you mean separate from the preamp? Or does the signal from the twin hit the power section?
 #96765  by myoung6923

This one is my baby. I've struggled with the thing for the few years that I've owned it. I was told when I bought it that it had all the Jerry mods but it never sounded right to me. Now I know why...

I can't wait to get it and put it through the paces!

I'm also having my PRS mods fixed and that should be back soon too.

We have a gig on April 23rd that I can use my "new" toys at!

Oh I just picked up one of these too - http://www.ibanez.com/Electronics/model-TS808HW

It's a hand wired tube screamer. It's supposed to have more precisely selected components than the stock ones as well as point to point wiring with no pcb boards. Even through my backup amp this this is warm and creamy - super yummy. I can't wait to run it through my twin!
 #96809  by RiverRat

Mike dropped the new JAN tubes in my mailbox today while I was out...

The best part of the project was... Waldo and I have put all the stuff behind us. He is an awesome resource and gave me a bunch of new info that has not been published on his mods page. Thanks Waldo!!!
 #96811  by bdhact1

RiverRat wrote:Mike dropped the new JAN tubes in my mailbox today while I was out...

The best part of the project was... Waldo and I have put all the stuff behind us. He is an awesome resource and gave me a bunch of new info that has not been published on his mods page. Thanks Waldo!!!

This news is a true blessing !!!
 #96824  by JonnyBoy

awesome! it is good to hear all that! Those are some cool mods for sure. :cheers: :hd:
 #97308  by myoung6923

Rusty the Scoob wrote:So is this debuting tonight? I was hoping we could upgrade our half of the stage all at once. :cool:
Yes. I picked it up from Ray a couple of days ago. I haven't had a lot f time to check it out - but so far it sounds great. I can't wait to really open it up tonight!

Unfortunately my PRS isn't ready yet - so I'll still be using the Rez - but without a backup! Not that I really ever need it - but it's nice to know that it's there.

Hopefully we can get a decent recording and I'll post some before and after clips.