#96553  by strumminsix

I very much love this new setup and get some killer Bobby type tones. A cmatmods deeelay in back with an Emma, Calinbread Serrano Picaso, Barber LTD SR, and Maxon PH-350. I know some folks swear by the flanger and I agree it was present alot but the swishy from the 350 really gets you there IMO.

#96558  by Tennessee Jedi

Looks sweet .... now I know who I will bug with questions when I get closer to getting the SMS !
Whats that bad boy sound like ?
:-)
 #96560  by strumminsix

Thanks, guys!

I can easily cop my favorite 70s years (74, 76) and an 80s Bobby with it!

It's all dependent on my pickups splits, how high I set the gain on the SMS and where I set my OD pedal!

For the trick, I think, is that the SMS is SS but sounds very much like a tuber. That's really awesome for me!
 #96562  by jdsmodulus

looks good! I noticed you got the rack mod! I thought of that one! Is there something wrong with the speaker that the dome is offset a little? I have seen this before and wondered about it. In fact I have a K120 on the way here that looks like it could be a little off center!
 #96567  by strumminsix

jdsmodulus wrote:looks good! I noticed you got the rack mod! I thought of that one! Is there something wrong with the speaker that the dome is offset a little? I have seen this before and wondered about it. In fact I have a K120 on the way here that looks like it could be a little off center!
They sound good and look straight. A few things to consider:
- cell phone camera
- basement light is up and to the right in relation to the pic
- the cab was designed with about a 15 degree tilt
- I'm slightly off center

combine those and I think mystery is solved :lol:
 #96568  by jdsmodulus

I was hoping that was the case, the K that I bought is on the way but the guy said it was the pic that looked weird. Far out rig, looks familiar!!
 #96580  by strumminsix

JonnyBoy wrote:Sweet looking, very compact for all the stuff you have there... What is the axe you are sporting as #1 right now?
Jonny, my #1 is still my Rice! It's my #1 for about 5 months now which is almost a record :)

That will VERY LIKELY be replaced soon, though. I sent Rich Hoeg a Tele and asked him for a graphite reinforced ModyGenesis style neck that is in the works!!
 #96616  by strumminsix

JonnyBoy wrote:I saw that too and deduced it was the tubeworks he meant to say? I hope the SMS has tubes! :lol:
yeah, type-o. TW is tubeless.