Chat about Equipment Info
 #95029  by vwjodyme

I sent them this link yesterday [5th one down is what i'm aiming for (sorry i have no idea how to post pics)], but have not heard back yet. To me this looks different than the burnt umber that's listed on the site...the sales guy said it was just the lighting?

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/instockarch ... 0-old.html
 #95035  by gr8fulbluz

this one
.. dont wanna hotlink piccy

They should be able to approximate one of their own creations color easily was the theory I had in mind. ya would think an example would be all ya need.

Good luck!
 #95036  by vwjodyme

it's done! i talked to a guy and he added a note to use the lighter shade of umber...fingers crossed

RUK should be getting some sort of commission off all these wolf style guitars they been selling:lol:
 #95039  by gr8fulbluz

most of the links to my pictures are broken so I am gonna try an experiment.

this is a picture of my Carvin's arrival, just to tease ya a bit. The waiting is the hardest part.
First impressions. My first impression was how balanced in weight it was when I first picked it up. It was my first really nice guitar. I wish I could of had it when i was 16.

Cool as ice, Have fun. And keep us updated with specs and progress.
 #96403  by Counterstriker

Just a little update, But the guitar is everything I ever wanted, I haven't played THAT many guitars, but after playing the carvin I can't imagine playing a more comfortable guitar. It plays so smooth.. I'm so glad I I bought this, I turned one of my friends (plays metal) who were going to buy 2k PRS/Les pauls to buy a carvin, and he's awaiting on its arrival!
 #96487  by Counterstriker

Hmm.. I'll try to maybe get a small youtube video to demo them, but the middle single could P/u is very snappy, I really like it with songs like Althea and They love eachother, the bridge can definitely strat out in single coil, I find the neck at times to muddy for some dead stuff in Humbucker position but it is great for warm screaming leads.
 #96490  by davep

Beautiful guitar Counterstriker!

I'm not familiar with Carvins. Which model you got with the middle single coil with flanking HBers?
 #96678  by unnbrokenchain

Now once Carvin adds a MIDI synth unit to a DC400, then I will grab mine. Love my Carvin sh65, my guitar for life!
 #96684  by vwjodyme

I'm still waiting for mine - trying not to think about it. They sent me a card that said it would be ready on 5/5. it would be cool if they sent me updated emails to say what stage it was in...the website just says "processing" day after day.

CS, you should totally put something up on youtube. i think the only review for a 145 is some shredder guy.
 #96984  by Counterstriker

Sorry for the delay, I filmed it yesterday but didn't get around to putting on the computer till about an hour ago. I put this together really fast and shot it in 1 try. So I screwed up quite a bit. Also I'm still learning Jerry, I got a long way to go haha.. So please excuse my shitty attempt at Jerry. I use The middle pickup mostly, if you want to hear a certain tone I can make another vid for ya.

And by audio i mean video :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWCy7MdOEIg
 #96996  by czyfingers

First of all, your playing is not shitty at all and you do the Jerry thing quite well. As far as that middle pickup goes, it's close enough for me and close enough to use live to play Jerry stuff. I'm ready to ditch my super 2 setup, buy a Carvin loaded with that pickup and play it just as it is. Nice job.
What do the rest of you think about that tone?
 #97000  by gr8fulbluz

. . the book-matching in the quilt looks really sweet in the video.
I got a Carvin for a clear 'violin' tone, at least to my ears. I hear those tones i love right about the 2 min mark of your vid.

your DC covers the Jerry variety very well. lovely wah, the cripsy clean, good attack and sustain, just like i like it.
Looks like it should be a versatile beast for what ever ya want.
Congrats.
:twisted: And it looks like fun

And your playing is just right !