Chat about Equipment Info
 #96301  by hogan

jkstraw wrote:That color and recessed LED look great Brad!
LED bezels are a must. "they really tie the room together."
 #96315  by SarnoMusicSolutions

It's a funny story, I guess. The first batch was supposed to be this color, but they added some "gloss killer" powder to the first batch that apparently not only killed the gloss, but also killed the yellow component leaving pretty much a blue/green teal color. Real pretty, but not the "earthy" green we were after. So there are exactly 50 of these teal colored "collectibles" out in the world, serial numbers #0001 thru #0050.

Then the other funny accident is that just the other day when they painted this batch without the gloss killer, we did get the correct "moss green", but the powdercoat guys hung all the chassis by the LED hole as they passed thru the electrostatic collector and oven. By having the hooks thru the little 3mm LED holes, the paint got messed up right at that hole. So my fix was to drill out that 3mm hole to allow for these chrome bezels that hold our 5mm LED's. After seeing the bezels, pretty much everyone likes that look, so I guess we'll stick to the bezels in the future.

So for those who got the first ones, I hope you're not disappointed in the color. I can always add a bezel for you if you really want one. But I can't fix the color for you.

Dealing with the metal fabricator is often a work in progress and generally by my 3rd batches, we've got things all worked out nicely.

Brad
 #96336  by JonnyBoy

well you can look at it this way, the imperfections are what give value to the pedals as being first, second runs... or classics. You never know when a pedal becomes a "classic" and begins to increase in demand and value.

I can hear it now, "the first ones actually sound different...." :lol:

Maybe send it to pro guitar shop to have them do a demo? Then a shootout with a klon or something... then the 1st rounds may be worth $500. :smile:
 #96350  by TI4-1009

I'm pretty sure I read on the internet that Jerry's was from the first run...
 #96392  by rugger

Hey Brad,

Jim Campilongo just gave a nice review of your Black Box over on his forum. I thought that was pretty cool.

John in San Diego
 #96397  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Yeah, that was cool to hear from Jim Campilongo. He bought his Black Box last year some time and only recently got around to checking it out. He just wrote me out of the blue to tell me he was diggin it, and he linked me to that review too.

http://jimcampilongo.com/forum2/discuss ... ew/#Item_2

B
 #96466  by SarnoMusicSolutions

My buddy Dave Casper, guitarist for Jake's Leg and also a photographer extraordinaire just sent me this cool pic of his Earth Drive.

Brad
ED-casper-sm.jpg