name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear

Hi!

#95733  by Kaifusha

So I've been lurking for quite some time, loving the tabs, and somehow never noticed this introduction section. :D I've learned so much from so many of the knowledgeable folks swimming in these waters. Thank you! I'm recently inspired from reading here (and looking for that sound) to Jerrify (ala Tiger) my MIM Strat and do the whole OBEL and M. Wald's buffer. Should be interesting . . .

The equipment list? Modest but growing:
MIA Strat 1997
MIJ Strat 1994
Takamine EF341
Yahama FG-150 1968 (recent acquisition on E-Bay, also doing some work/upgrades on this)
Fender Hot Rod deluxe
Q-Tron, Boss DD-3, Boss OC-2, Boss CH-1, Fishman Aura Acoustic Imaging pedal, Boss TU-2
Carvin PA 620 PA
Boss BR-600 recorder

I've been playing for about 20 years, inconsistently at first, and regularly over the past 10 years. No bands currently, but have been in a couple electric Dead/rock/originals bands that gigged failrly regularly, and an acoustic trio for a couple of years. Now, just woodshedding and having a barrel of fun with this Boss recorder. Love playing Gratelful Dead stuff, and taking a Dead/jazz approach to other material - mostly classic rock, country and such.

So anyways, nice forum you all have here! Cheers!
 #95741  by tcsned

Hiya! Welcome to the board. There's some really knowledgeable folks here, I'm full of s**t but the rest of these guys know what they're talking about :lol:
 #95743  by JonnyBoy

Welcome friend! Yes lots of serious musicians here from big names to huge bedroom performers. All of them have a lot to offer and have helped me tons. One thing we all share is the love for the Dead and its lifestyle. Welcome aboard and don't drink the kool aid until you're ready :shock:
 #95757  by Tennessee Jedi

Welcome aboard my fellow PA 'er
:-)
 #95765  by strumminsix

jdsmodulus wrote:Hey Now!
Hey Now!