#95424  by hogan

Ibanez AS-73,83.100,200, a sco or some such shit. The picture that was posted but no longer available was from the fairfax soundcheck. I know this because I saw the picture before the sho started. Here's a vid of the Wiskey in the jar and he is using it. It looks like an Ibanez Artist but it appears to have f holes.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/vid ... 1638376331
Last edited by hogan on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #95439  by hogan

it's a picture of jon w/ furthur playing a hollowbody 335 type ibanez.
 #95440  by JonnyBoy

One of the Cheaper/newer AS series? you have a link? I believe the AS 93? Some of the guys at the guitar shop say they are a pretty good guitar for the dough. You can get them on the pricey side too. They start around $500....

#95480  by hogan

see first post for a vid of him playing it on Wiskey in the Jar.
 #95482  by rugger

I have that guitar but in a brownish amber color. Got it for $350ish 4-5 years ago. It plays quite nicely, and yes, for the money they are a great value imo.

John in San Diego
 #95483  by jdsmodulus

Cool guitar for sure. It looks modded. I wonder if it is his or borrowed, I've never seen him with that one! I really like Ibanez guitars in general and although the vid is not great it sounded very good! Also just from the video I'm not sold on it being a newer axe. There are alot of Artist hollowbodys out there that are vintage.
 #95485  by hogan

yeah, it's not too new, the headstock is weird and showed wear.
 #95492  by hogan

THe guitar is a semihollow Ibanez Artist w/ a Seymour Duncan jeff beck jr in the middle.
 #95507  by Chuckles

Small body model, much smaller than a 335.

If you can't see the video, it's because the link is to FB, not a YouTube video. People are now just posting their pics and vids straight to FB.

There is a video of Whiskey in the Jar on YouTube, tho. I'll leave it for you guys to find and see that it's not really worth posting a link...
 #95519  by hogan

hogan wrote:THe guitar is a semihollow Ibanez Artist w/ a Seymour Duncan jeff beck jr in the middle.
I asked JK what guitar it was. It's as stated above. He's had it since '95. Mystery solved