#95422  by al.hurst

What started its life as a budget model Gretsch ended up into a beauty.
:D :-) :-) :-) :cool:

Aint she purtty.
Ibanex Tailpeice, Wilkinson Locking Bridge, Earbana Nut, Gibson Tuners, Banjo Armrest, Dual Jackplate. Gretsch Mini Humbuckers, Soon to be replaced with FilterTrons.

The Guts.

Shes got a phase switch, OBEL, OBEL switch, two tone knobs with a selector between .02 caps and .047 caps, Pickup Blender, Master volume. All star grounded and shielded.

Let me tell you, Star Grounding is great. This is the quietist guitar Ive ever owned. It is soooo clean and twanggy. You can get the low string poppyness. The action is perfect. No fret Buzz at all. I havent tested the OBEL yet because i need to get a chord :(

The only issue I have is, With no cable plugged into the OBEL, When you switch it on is there upposed to be any effect on the guitar? Or does it cut the signal off?

Also, I would like to give a BIG thanks to Mike Wald for helping me multiple times when figureing out the wiring diagram.
 #95427  by TI4-1009

I havent tested the OBEL yet because i need to get a chord
Try a B flat dim. :lol:
 #95476  by Bear62

If the cable for the effects loop is not plugged in, there should be NO signal to the amp when the OBEL switch is activated. This is because you are routing/sending the signal out w/o a return. Hope this answers your questions. Nice job! More pics please. FYI, you can pick up a cheap backup OBEL cable at any big guitar store. I think they are made by Hosa. At least until you get one made, you can play w/ the OBEL! peace gregg
 #95533  by al.hurst

Yes it is an earvana. It keeps the inotation pretty much completly intune all the way up the neck.

I was expecting this guitar to be real nice and clean but when i plugged in my tube screamer and cranked up the tube amp she just turned into a blues monster. She can be really clean with no noise also. The phase switch is great as well. I like it out of phase when playing chords for songs like fire, and franklins tower. It just gives it a little more bobbyish tone.

Ill record some sound clips as soon as possible but dont judge me for my not exactly great playing. :D