#9534  by jck_strw

Maybe once everyone starts getting their picks, we can have a sortof informal, goofy contest. Find the strangest|commonest|coolest place you can and take a picture of the pick. Either in action by yourself, chilling on the bar at Margaritaville or throwing one to Bob up on stage and having him use it, etc. I was thinking of something like Flat Stanley or those goofy people who take their iPod to the North Pole just to take a picture of it.

Or maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep. :)
 #9536  by Laytonco

When I get my picks (soon I hope - how do we get them??), I am taking one to the top of Mount Evans (Colorado). They have a marker on the tip top of the mountain that notes that it is 14,355 feet above sea level. How about a pic of the pick on the marker???

#9539  by phpbb

Gil -

I have instructions for making a Rex Foundation donation in this post:

http://community.rukind.org/viewtopic.php?t=1527

You better get up there soon! The snow is coming, The snow is coming!

#9544  by phreaker

im 90% sure ive climbed mount evans.
 #9545  by jck_strw

Laytonco wrote:When I get my picks (soon I hope - how do we get them??), I am taking one to the top of Mount Evans (Colorado). They have a marker on the tip top of the mountain that notes that it is 14,355 feet above sea level. How about a pic of the pick on the marker???
Excellent, exactly what I was looking for.

#9546  by strumminsix

I will swallow the pick and take bets as to when it will pass. With the money collected from that donate back to the Rex Foundation. As far as that pick goes, well, everyone just watch your mailbox!

#9547  by ebick

Wow. We went e'er so quickly, from the top of the mountain to the bowels of a Dead Head.

#9571  by phpbb

Well, I am flying to Chicago this weekend for a wedding and it turns out that Barlow is going to be doing his CD release party on Friday Night. I don't know if I'll be able to get a photo, but I will try to throw him a few picks....

Strumminsix - are you interested in meeting there? Joe's on Weed is the place?