#95295  by squire758

I just picked one up for 675. off the line it seems like a good amp. sounds great and all that but I really like how adjustable it is. it has a switch or a plug for every need, and an overall strong dominant sound with headroom for weeks. the channels are clean, drive1, drive 2. some may feel the 2nd drive channel cannot have the gain high at all. some may feel its crap. besides the obvious weight downside, im not a fan of when amps channels are very different sounding, like its 2 different amps(which is the issue with drive2). maybe its just me but i think its obvious to the listener and can make recordings sound poor. and i like that you can pull a couple tubes and hit an attenuator in the bedroom but still have a twin, and you could pop in some new ones and play a good size gig with the same amp. it seems like youd be set for life with this amp, but even if i keep it ill start saving again for a DR RI
 #95298  by jdsmodulus

I had that amp as well. I used it just like you said. Bedroom tone and live in a band for about 2 years. I also put up the extra money for a road case. I would pull the top off and it sat in a tray on casters. Really easy set up and I got great overall results for where I was at at the time. Overall I think its a fine amp and would play it again. :cool:
 #95314  by JonnyBoy

I wouldn't worry a minute about what the others think about it, I have tried a "Twin amp" to test out a guitar and it seemed fine on the clean channel for the 30 min I used it. Hell I think the new Gdec 30 is awesome for what I use it for. But there are different needs for different applications and different players. I can't get a big stage rig to sound good in my bedroom without my family having a fit. :lol:
 #95344  by tcsned

One of the guys I worked with at the music store had one and I played through it a handful of times. I thought it was a pretty darn good amp. I almost bought it from him when the Boogie Mark IV fell in my lap.
 #98193  by ChiroVette

I have an early eighties twin that my amp guy modified to make it conform to pre-CBS specs. lol to the OP who commented on weight, you ain't seen nothing yet. I ripped out the stock speakers and threw in a couple of OLD JBL K120's from the seventies and this thing gets an unbelievable Jerry sound. It is also almost impossible to distort without using external effects, even with the drive all the way up and the master all the way down. I get a really nice Jerry sound, at least that's what everyone who comes to see my band says, anyway. Love the Twin Reverb.
 #99555  by The Stag

fender twins are what jerry used. his where specially modded though. i am also currently waiting for a fender twin amp that is being modded
Dan Jr